Froyo Bugs and Questions - Post em HereSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Post any bugs or questions you have pertaining to the 2.2 Froyo update for the HTC Desire here.

Advertisement
  2. haris9

haris9 Well-Known Member

no restore option in froyo. how would we back up our data? that is very strange in froyo.

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

If you have a card reader copy the contents of your sd card to your pc/laptop, format your sd card then copy the contents back & put it back in your phone.
    see if that fixes the sd card problem.
    For the other problems check through your settings make sure they seem correct.
    Was your phone previously a branded handset if so Did you do the update with a goldcard in the phone

4. m0J03

m0J03 Active Member

i've got a similar problem;

tried putting o2 settings on my phone today, was applying the settings, just as i'd filled in the last entry, the force close box popped up : the application Settings has stopped unexpectedly.

restarted the phone hasn't done anything, took settings off the kill list, didnt make a difference. anyone have a clue?

5. stonethrower

stonethrower Member

I'm unable to connect to the internet if I don't have a wifi connection

6. NuGuy

NuGuy Member

7. stonethrower

stonethrower Member

8. weegie1979

weegie1979 New Member

nope mine was unbranded from carphone warehouse i dont have the formatt sd card option on my phone as it says i dont have a sd card installed only option i have is reset to factory settings which i have already done i can access my photos on the sd card on my pc but non of the other files and i also cant download back to 2.1 as the phone dont recognize my sim anymore so i cant get a wifi signal taking it back to the shop today to get it repaired on warrenty so hopefully i will find out then whats went wrong with it:-(

9. omniscian

omniscian Member

I had this problem last night. I'm on an Orange handset that has been unlocked and debranded. I got the OTA update, downloaded and installed. First thing that happened is that it would restart, show a white HTC background and a counter would start from 0%, get to 100% then the phone would restart and repeat. I did a wipe/reset on it and it would then turn on, say I was on 2.2 but I couldn't use any of the phone functions, I would constantly get "Force Close/Wait" messages and my WiFi would not turn on as well as no signal or mobile Internet.

To fix it I had to wipe my phone completely, format my SD card and put a stock 2.1 Android ROM back on my phone. After this, I upgraded straight to 2.2 and everything worked a treat. It was a pain but it's all sorted now and I'm back up and running on 2.2.

If you need anymore help on how I fixed it, gimme a shout :)

10. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me help on replaceing the T-mobile UK Desire Rom so that I can install the new 2.2 version please?

Ideally from someone in the UK who has done a UK desire please?

My current version is

Firmware Version
    2.1-update 1

Baseband Version
    32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version
    2.6.29-3cb3dfdf
    htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number
    1.15.110.11 CL155070 release keys

Software number

Browser Version
    webkit 3.1

11. NuGuy

NuGuy Member

Hi

Can you expand on this? which Rom did you use to flash back to 2.1? links would be great and which way did you upgrade to 2.2? OTA from the phone or via PC Rom Flash?

NuGuy

12. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Not a bug but I've seen people mention it and probably helpful to post it here:

Screen lock pattern not appearing every time:

New setting under settings>security lets you decide whether the screen lock pattern appears, everytime, after 1 min, after 5 mins and so on and so on.

oatikodi likes this.
  13. ktradx

ktradx Active Member

i've not noticed anything yet other than it being much smoother!!!

14. Fatwaz

Fatwaz Well-Known Member

The only one I've had is some of my music now won't be recognised cos they're wma files.these worked before the update but now they are "unknown artists" and the album art won't show

15. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

POP3 in retrieval HTC mail now seems broken.

Prior to upgrade yesterday I was using POP3 to retrieve Gmail and it would quite happily show list of emails. I could then either refresh or come out of the application and back in without loosing them.

Today however the mail application will happily show the emails but if you click refresh or come out and go back in it will delete all the emails.

Have now switched to using IMAP for the time being

16. Marsh

Marsh Member

Hi,
    Same for me, compounded by the fact that if I try and download new albums in either wma or MP3 format, I get the message that the music format is not recognised and can not be played.....AAAAGH!
    Marsh

17. Smokinjoe18

Smokinjoe18 Active Member

Found after i updated to FroYo my signal is weaker and hangs on H/3G with no bars and no internet connection. Flash on websites including games is very laggy and freezes sometimes.

18. Supermat

Supermat New Member

Hi Guys, i rooted my 02 htc desire so i can download the froyo 2.2 update. I can Download the update fine when i check for it on my phone, but my phone wont let me install the update, it comes up with a red question mark, does anybody know whats wrong?
    Any help appreciated.

19. rw119

rw119 New Member

I have had the same problem on an new unbranded unlocked HTC Desire A8181 purchased from Australia's Mobicity.

The phone arrived yesterday. I accepted the over-the-air update to Froyo about an hour after switching the new phone. Since then, it's been stuck in a constant re-boot cycle (every few minutes), with the "process system is not responding" error, and no wireless functions.

I have no desire to mess around with flashing the rom manually, so will have to send the phone back. Not sure if I want another one after this. :-(

20. Gav400

Gav400 Well-Known Member

I noticed this to turned off enable java and things have speeded up.

21. NuGuy

NuGuy Member

Hey ppl!!

Manage to fix my Desire, Running 2.2 Perfectly!

this is what i did (beware ppl do it at your own risk, first back up your contacts msg etc) this is for ppl who got; Orange (UK) Branded Desire who then had it Debranded and Unlocked.

you'll need a Goldcard, if you still got the One you made when debranding the frist time around, helps save time, if not there’s many guide out there on how to create one.

Then you need a 2.1 Rom; the one i used is called....(again google it.. ill get link later)
    RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed

Flash your Desire with above Rom & with the goldcard in, when 2.1 is up and running go to Setting > About Phone > System Software Update. check for update, you should get a message saying update is available, Now update.

Once android Done downloading and updating it'll reboot couple of times, once finished you get a message saying you successfully updated to 2.2.

-NuGuy

22. paulcooper

I am now running version 2.09.405.8 and there are no more update for my desire.
    How do I get 2.2 on it now?

23. paulcooper

24. Jth8s

Jth8s New Member

Hi Guys,

It seems that my push mail doesn't work anymore with the Froyo update. I have also noticed that my signal strength is now fluctuating like mad.

I have auto sync set up for my gmail accounts, but now I have to enter the email app and manually retrieve the mails. Does anyone have a solution for this or need any further information to get this to work?

Cheers,
    JT

25. thorgoth

thorgoth Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.