• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo camcorder and now camera not working

After updating to Froyo neither my camera nor camcorder worked - application immediately closed and reverted to previous screen. I installed "Camera Zoom FX" and now the camera works with that app, but not with the native camera app. Also, even using Camera Zoom FX, trying to use its video causes an error. So I have no camcorder function at all.

Upvote 0
After updating to Froyo neither my camera nor camcorder worked - application immediately closed and reverted to previous screen. I installed "Camera Zoom FX" and now the camera works with that app, but not with the native camera app. Also, even using Camera Zoom FX, trying to use its video causes an error. So I have no camcorder function at all.

Without knowing what your upgrade path was, I will proffer the following:

This looks like the sort of problem that people usually recommend fixing by doing a factory reset, or wiping data and cache (depending I think on if you have run custom rom)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones