• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Coming Aug 6th? Discuss

Allright guys, check this out, the guys at androidspin are saying this:

It looks like the Froyo will be making its way to your devices very soon. Thanks to a Verizon tipster who claims that the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Droid Incredible, and the Motorola Droid will be receiving the Android 2.2 update at the same time. He also stated that this not a rumor, but confirmed. He stated that HTC and Motorola will be release Android 2.2 simultaneously and will start pushing out the Android 2.2 update beginning August 6th, which is next Friday, and is expected to hit all of these devices by August 15th. That is great news and would possibly confirm the Motorola Droid 2 shipping with Android 2.2.
Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your device.

Froyo To Roll Out On 3 Devices Next Week! AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

So what are your thoughts, and anyone with more info, please share :)

If this is True, then Verizon is truly a beast in this android game, can you imagine the 3 top phones all getting froyo first? Asides from Nexus 1.

Upvote 0
Just don't let it update when it says (although it might do so eventually).

I think alot of people are going to have a hard time not updating and waiting for root because of the 3-4x performance improvements in 2.2.

What are the differences between 2.1 and 2.2?

I just got my X and I am confused about why everyone is so excited about this update.

Will it be a major difference?

Upvote 0
What are the differences between 2.1 and 2.2?

I just got my X and I am confused about why everyone is so excited about this update.

Will it be a major difference?
Um are you serious, do a little google search or look up videos on youtube and you will crap your pants!
Here you know what I'll make it easy for you heres the Official video!!!!
YouTube - Android 2.2 Official Video

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks, guys.
I truly am still learning. I just bought this phone and my head is still spinning from learning everything. I have been Blackberry user for years and I am concerned that this phone may not handle the things I need done to run my business.

Email has been a particular nuisance. I just want a flashing LED - specifically colored to notify my of the the different email accounts when they receive mail. K9 mail is close, but only works for one account. Perhaps Froyo will be better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones