Froyo Data ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, a couple days ago I manually installed froyo...for Rogers network. It went fine...however the next day I lost my data...I can't get it back no matter what I do...Can anyone help me get it back?? Or know how? I checked my APN settings a million times, I called Rogers and they refreshed my network but still not working. If I reboot my phone, I get the 3g symbold for about 2 seconds then it goes away and thats it.

Someone please help me if you can!!!

Advertisement
  2. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Edit: after not having 3G for 20+ hours, it seems to be working fine again after another reboot. I don't know if it was ATT but my Nokia E71 had no problems on 3G during the same time the N1 had none:confused::confused:

I've pretty much lost any data transfer with 3G since I updated to Froyo last night. The 3G symbol is there and you can see the up and download arrows within it flashing slowly but nothing:mad:

I had absolutely no problems with 3G with Eclair. Wifi would lose connection with my router when the screen sleeps but never had a 3G problem.

3. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

This guy sounds like he was having the same problem as you Patch since you mentioned you don't have the 3G symbol.

Froyo : no more 3G/HSDPA - xda-developers

What exactly is 'reset access points'?

Edit, reset access point must be 'reset access name' as explained in this post for an older OS. Did the reset but no good:(

4. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

access points -> APN

5. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so im totally fixed up now. I spent an hour on the phone last night with some dipshit from HTC that had no idea really what to do. i called Rogers a couple times before I actually got one guy that was really cool and decided to help me. 2 other people with Rogers wouldn't really help me because they don't support the Nexus One.

ANYWAYS......the Rogers tech actually informed me since my update I had no data at all anyways...I told him when I updated and since that point I had no data being used. I wouldn't have really known because I was using wifi.

To solve the problem I have to do a factory reset....I guess when I upgraded something crashed in the phone not allowing me to access data. Since the reset I had the 3g icon back and tested the internet without wifi....all is good now.

Here is was trying to do something with my APN settings and going into *#*#4636#*#* checking all these settings literally going nuts lol.

Thanks guys/gals