• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MCPO117

Mar 26, 2010
Ohio
So it been rumored that the Droid 2 will come with Froyo or it will be released within days of launch for that phone. With that being said what do you think the possibilities are of the X getting it at the same time? I'm not programmer so I don't know how different the software is going to be but I figure it is not going to be a huge difference. Any thoughts?

this froyo stuff is so back and forth because you are sayin THE company Motorola has said late august which is fine but then you have other ppl sayin late july...which is like now lol all of it reminds me of how the crackberry ppl sound you know

The problem is blogs report rumors as facts. Unless the info is coming directly from Verizon, take it with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
The problem is blogs report rumors as facts. Unless the info is coming directly from Verizon, take it with a grain of salt.

Bingo!! I can't tell you how many "reputable sources" started hysteria for many of the different updates on the original Droid. There were even Admins and Moderators of forums who swore that they were 100% sure they had the right date. When the right date came and went, they weren't too quick to step up.

EVEN if you hear it from Verizon, it still can change last minute. One of the update, VZ had posted a PDF like the one they just posted for this last Droid X update. Then when everyone swore it was coming on a certain date, VZ pulled it down for about a week or more. Apparently there was a last minute change.

Bottom line, when you get the pop-up that an update is available is the best way to know when it is being released.

Besides, all the speculation and debate in the world won't make it come any faster. Neither does predicting, supposing, hoping, wishing or wanting :)

Upvote 0
I've seen froyo and know it will help improve the X...but bottom line....who cares right now???? We all just our hands on an amazing new phone! I'm still playing around with mine like crazy......who needs an update to throw more at me? By the time I get this figured out 100%, then I can worry about froyo :p

Upvote 0
I've seen froyo and know it will help improve the X...but bottom line....who cares right now???? We all just our hands on an amazing new phone! I'm still playing around with mine like crazy......who needs an update to throw more at me? By the time I get this figured out 100%, then I can worry about froyo :p

I wouldn't mind froyo... But your totally right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones