froyo didn't update, just sat there...Support

Last Updated:

1. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This morning I woke up and my phone was offering me the froyo update, so I told it to do it and it went to the recovery screen with the little android guy and an exclamation point. But it just sat there for a half hour, then I got tired of waiting bc I had to go to work and just rebooted the phone, but I never got the green updating arrows, what do I need to do?

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

3. potterdood

I tried it manually for 3 days straight! I unrooted, then got the update.zip, then went to recovery and told it to update from sd card and it started then said install aborted, IDK what to do now?

4. gonzoguy24

Some things I would try is wiping data/cache...make this a last resort. Are you using clockworkmod or no (since you said you are un rooted I am guessing no) If you are reflash clockwork in ROM manager. If not, and you are totally unrooted, bring it into a store and get them to do it/when they cannot ask for a new phone.

5. gonzoguy24

also, I would say re root if you un rooted...turn S-Off and clockwork and try it then

6. potterdood

i'll try that on my lunch break, thanks.

7. potterdood

oh I re rooted this morning so I could do a nandroid backup, so at lunch I need to turn s-off(which IDK how to), unroot, then try to manually update from recovery? Tell me how to turn this s-off please.

8. gonzoguy24

To turn S-Off you need to UnrEVOked forever. Did you root using unrevoked (most likely you did). But my advice would not to be to "unroot" Stay rooted and just flash a ROM built from the official 2.2. Seems to be a no-brainer in my head