Froyo doesn't like my WMA music filesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Scourge72

Scourge72 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a ton of MP3 and WMA music files on my dinc's 16GB SD card, and they worked equally well when I had Android 2.1. After downloading Froyo, my phone forgot the artist names and song numbers and cover art for all the WMA files, but not the MP3 files - MP3's are still 100% fine. When I go into the Music widget (either the HTC or Android one), all of the WMA songs say "Unknown Artist". The album names are still correct, but it also forgot the song numbers for the WMA albums so they play in alphabetical order instead of the correct song number order.

Aside from ripping dozens and dozens of old CD's over again in MP3 rather than WMA format, what could I do to make my phone remember all the artist names and song order and cover art for the WMA files again? I've tried unmounting/remounting the SD card and restarting the phone.

Advertisement
  2. TechnoMuse

TechnoMuse Member

This issue is also affecting most, but not all, of my MP3 files as well. I'm getting either "unknown artist," "unknown genre," "unknown" for year, disc number, or track number or any combination of the above on the files affected. It appears to be affecting files in odd random ways as well. For instance, I have the tag info for the last track of Nightwish's "Century Child" but not the first 9, but the track length of track 10 is being reported as 40:33 when the actual length is 10:21. With another album, it's the first 2 tracks that are OK and not the rest. On a third album, tracks 3,4 & 5 are the only ones with intact tags except for another track duration issue. These same issues are also occurring with the mixZing app. It definitely lies within the OS since both apps are behaving the same way.

3. TimeHunter

TimeHunter Member

4. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Only problem with reporting issues like this is Google never seem to comment on them at all. We get no acknowledgment of the bug and certainly no fix. May as well shout at a brick wall and just accept that the music player is now broken.

I just can't believe something like this can happen and go unfixed and unacknowledged for months, it's totally unacceptable. Imagine is the music player on the iphone had a similar problem and Apple ignored it for months. Just wouldn't happen would it? It's a huge minus point for Android this, not the specific issue in isolation but the total ignoring of obvious, glaring bugs.

5. ChicagoBob

ChicagoBob Active Member

NOT HAPPY @#$^%$#^

After Froyo not only is my music all messe dup many WMA's no longer play. What were they thinking?!@!? ALL my music worked before Froyo.

This Android experiement has failed!

With any device like this stability is job one.
    I guess its still a phone with a browser but CMon.. Its way to expensive
    to be just that.

I have had it with this one device solution. It just doesnt cut it.

Droid POP Email management still bites.
    The battery life is poor.
    When you stream audio via Flash from the net the battery dies fast. It even dies when its being charged by a laptop through USB.
    And it gets HOT when its streaming.

The video stays on when streaming Flash Audio?
    The bug list is long and GOOGLE not commenting nor seeming to react is ^$&( POOR customer support at best.
    I have 5 months left on this contract then I can return it all. Smart Phones are just junk.