Froyo Droid X Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. thirteen113

thirteen113 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else noticing great battery life now? I'm at 60% after 12 hours unplugged.

Advertisement
  2. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

yeah definitely. yesterday morn, got a call and took the phone off the charger, went back to sleep for a few hours and was down to 70%. Then last night upgraded to 2.2 and did relatively the same thing and was only down to 90%... loving it!

3. thirteen113

So after it was all said and done, 28 hours with a very good mixture of usage! I am very happy with battery life now.

4. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

im really happy too. i like the battery manager too. even though i rarely sleep without it on the charger, i like that you can set it to cut off data connection.

5. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

yea, battery life is definitely longer....very nice. was at 60% or so 12 hours in with decent amount of usage

6. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

My seems longer but at one point yesterday I was at 100 and went to dead in like 5 hrs. :-( Mybe I was hit with that GPS bug I've heard about. The problem now it that "battery left" app thinks my battery dies in 5 hours so it's reporting really bad estimates. LOL after I unplugged it at 100% it said my battery would be dead in 2 hours.

Unfortunately I can't check the up time due to the battery bug that force closes most of the time. So I'll estimate...It's been up for a bunch of hours and I'm only at 80 now :)

7. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

mine still had 20% at 10pm and I used wifi tether for three hours

8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

In an SetCPU overclocking thread I pop in n out of for the Droid, the OP mentioned Froyo does sleep/standby better.

Like most of us hit with the GPS/no sleep bug, its gone in Froyo. But like with any OS update, some ppl are saying battery life is worse. Its probably an app not compatible with 2.2. Its could be a 2.1 app acting funny on 2.2.

For me and some ppl, the first boot of Froyo auto installs most of your apps u had installed with 2.1 (I thought the auto install happened for everyone, maybe its cuz I wiped data and cache before installing, I dont know)

Thats also why the first boot of Froyo is gonna be laggy as hell. Its doing alot of stuff in the background on first boot.

9. thirteen113

That auto-install kind of freaked me out. It had a background that was custom and had not been used by me on my X. Then I realized I had 2.2 on my Incredible a couple of weeks ago. Freaked out became impressed very quickly.

10. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

Only lost 30% battery over 24 hours with a few gtalk im's, some looking in the market, checking the time, about 45min of pandora, and other misc stuff. I didn't even have to charge the battery overnight.

11. DharmaDroid

DharmaDroid New Member

I'm having the exact opposite effect at this point. I was getting a day out of my phone easily and with the update, I'm now barely making it through my work day (when I'm not really using it).

I'm confused...especially considering you all seem to be having great luck with you battery now.

12. Nitro Mustang

Nitro Mustang New Member

Werd - my battery life went way up after the update to 2.2.

13. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I can't seem to kill mine.