FROYO for dummies

Last Updated:

1. greyraven40

greyraven40 Member This Topic's Starter

This has been my first smart phone beyond blackberry and I see a lot about FROYO. I can't grasp exactly what everyone is looking so forward to about the FROYO update. What should a novice like myself be excited about as it applies to FROYO?
    thanks and this forum rocks.

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

3. antmon

antmon Well-Known Member

i knew about Froyo (oye....i'm wating for it 'patiently')....but thanks for the link.... easier than me trying to explain to my friend that just updated his Evo to it!

4. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a deeper discussion from the experts on this.

The link referenced speaks to Froyo having a portable WiFi hot spot, but I think the Epic has that already.

The link referenced speaks to Froyo being four or five times faster, but the review then says: "Of course, numbers are one thing, but how does it feel in practice? Frankly, we haven't seen that dramatic of a performance change."

OK, external storage for apps is a big new feature and flash support will be nice, but most of the other new features seem like marginal improvements that will be nice but are hardly revolutionary.

With the huge clamor for Froyo's release, I'd like to see some experts/knowledgeable posters weigh in on the OP's question: "What should a novice like myself be excited about as it applies to FROYO?"