Froyo for galxy 5?General

Last Updated:

1. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Well-Known Member

It says this on samfirmware:

''If you come from America don't flash! (Ask for a firmware in the forums)''

Does this apply if you are in Canada also? Also:

cmtcentre likes this.
  2. Abiram26

Abiram26 Well-Known Member

and why has my phone become GT-I5500L
    while it starts up it doesn't show GT-I5500 any more, instead of that- it shows GT-I5500L.
  3. CDinesen

CDinesen Member

I a NooB on Android - looking to buy my first one before x-mas

Will there be an official 2.2 released - it seemed this is a leacked version :D

Soory if this is to newbie a question...
  4. Tabarnak

It's offically released but only on certain phones such as the HTC Desire. Apparently it's to be offically released on the Galaxy next month but that's just what I read
  5. cristi

cristi Member

do you need to root before you install?
  6. CDinesen

CDinesen Member

My question on 2.2 official was on SG5 not general :)
  7. Abiram26

How do you know next month? Plz. copy the text in your mail to samsung or show website-> URL.
    I have froyo and it didn't change alot from my old Eclaire version.
    NO multitouch and NO flash -> so help
    only faster
  8. Tabarnak

Honestly man I can't remember, it could have been just on a forum like this one. That's why I said "that's just what I read"
  9. pjmanalo

pjmanalo New Member

Upgraded my G5 to Froyo using Odin and the Froyo/2.2. firmware from samfirmware last Friday. Slight problem with force closing fc-ing every other minute this was supposedly caused by a SIM card incompatibility coupled with the fact that I wasn't able to do a factory reset after installing the firmware. Just had to take the SIM out, turn it on, do a factory reset, turn it off, and put the SIM back in.

Has been working fine ever since. Feels a bit more snappier than 2.1 plus it's great that we can finally install to SD.

Question: I've seen people root their G5's running 2.1, has anybody tried rooting their G5 while running 2.2 from samfirmware?
  10. khanburhan

khanburhan New Member

Updated my Galaxy 5 to Froyo 2.2 Successfully... thank u all for your help
  11. CDinesen

CDinesen Member

If you find it again please post again ;)

Can't deside if I should use leaked or wait :)
    I need the hotspot functionallity...
  12. CDinesen

CDinesen Member

Any luck :)
  13. kampoon

kampoon New Member

Successfully upgraded the phone to Froyo, Reset is a must step to perform, MMS, 3G settings need to redo after refreshed, overall Froyo is great for Galaxy 5
  14. kanded

kanded New Member

hello all guys, it is said that updating to froyo will make our samsung galaxy 5 has capability doing multitouch.

but the truth is, i dont see if its multitouch. i'm now froyo. 2.2. its not multitouch, and im stuck with it.
  15. Pa1n_k1lLeR

Pa1n_k1lLeR New Member

16. magoo28

magoo28 New Member

How to make flash player to work? I tried searching in the market, downloading the apk and nothing worked.

When I install with the apk, it says the application is not installed and just give me the option to close the install.

Can someone help with this?
  17. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Phones with old ARMv6 processors like Galaxy 5, N8 or Droid1 are incapable of running full flash 10.1, hence the development of Flash Lite
  18. Abiram26

I've the same problem here,
    What is Flash Lite?
    How to get it?
  19. varun.k

varun.k Active Member

Same problem with flash and moreover experiencing shortened battery life comparatively. Have 40% battery left and 4 hours later says battery low. Did not have this problem initially when i had installed froyo.
  20. kumar3234

kumar3234 Well-Known Member

My friend recently purchased a galaxy 551 which is a galaxy 5 with qwerty keyboard.
    He has internet working on it, he can browse all web pages, but he is unable to sign in to the google account or the gmail app.

Since 3G is not available extensively here in India as of now, he is using a EDGE connection.

When trying to sign into google account, the phone says it could not establish a reliable connection to the server....

off topic ...any ideas would be great...

meanwhile trying to sign in through a wifi hotspot.....

21. r1234

r1234 Member

22. r1234

r1234 Member

23. varun.k

varun.k Active Member

Weird 2.3 on galaxy 5. Where do u get the software. Not available in samfirmware
  24. WanaGo

WanaGo New Member

That is weird.
    I5500XWJK3 is a 2.1 Firmware...
    And 2.6.29-perf is also a 2.1 Kernal from what I understand.
    The build number I dont recognise...
    And the Firmware number being 2.3-Alpha1 is also interesting...

Based on his comments on Youtube he has just done some mods, so still a 2.1 firmware.
    cmtcentre likes this.
  25. varun.k

varun.k Active Member

Yea that is true, its just a mod for 2.1 but multi touch seems to work one way at least and apps 2 sd. Not sure how it is done though.