• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo for Milestone

If its one thing I hate about technology is the ever changing nature of it. Every six or so months there is a upgraded version to something what suppose to be soooo cool. So then I get stuck with something that was the thing 6 months ago. I love having new things, but what I like cost so much so what I would do is compensate for my device inadequacy with a "custom this" and a "modified that". So now my problem and the reason for this post. I own a Milestone and it is still greater than the iphone but now the Milestone 2 is about to be release, Ok. Well why should I get a Milestone 2 when the one I have is still cool to me? 1Ghz processor vs 512Mhz, Android 2.2 vs 2.1, 8Gbs of internal storage, 512Mhz memory, better keyboard, 720 video capture and the list goes on vs my old milestone what a spent $460 four months ago. Sure I already rooted it to gain more advance capabilities but ehhh, still so so. What really matters to me is STORAGE and SPEED, I mean check my desktop out, this thing is a monster. Anyway, the features what is in froyo is enough to pacify me until I hustle enough money to buy the Milestone 2. The App2SD feature is cool and could liberate my extremely limited internal storage from Google earth and a few action games and from what I read Froyo does a better job at utilizing the Operating System for speed and performance. So when will the great Motorola release the also great android 2.2 for my old milestone? Sure I could install froyo from a hack or modified rom and likewise with Apps2SD but that is my last resort so to speak. I want the official version! So I read somewhere that the Germins found out that the release is in September... ok... its the 21st of September, where is it? Not to mention I read no where that Motorola is doing such a thing. WHY? Maybe if I threating them to use a iphone then maybe they might give out some information. Well someone please give this loyal Motorola customer some information on the release of Froyo for the Milestone.

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

:)

1) There's no info that we have that no one else already knows.
2) Typing posts with paragraphs helps us to read it more easily
3) Please go to the milestone section and feel free to post question there!

Welcome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones