froyo goin' slow

Last Updated:

1. burgurboy

burgurboy New Member This Topic's Starter

This has happened with jrummy's kangerade 1.1 AND v5.0.9. it runs plenty fast a few hours after installation then, goes slowly down hill. I installed the rom about 8 hours ago and at this point it take 15-20 seconds for me to unlock the phone. Actually, it takes that much time to do just about anything. The only thing that helps is running the app "fast reboot". Then the phone returns to a usable state for a short period of time... before it re-enters "slow mode". As days go by, however, fast reboot is less and less effective. It also has constant FC's on handcent sms, launcher pro, phone app, browser... just about anything that takes up a fair amount of memory. Ive fiddled with several settings but get the same result everything. I'm running the kernel included in 5.0.9 @800mhz. ive also tried different kernels to no avail. Any ideas? Is it possible that my processor is on the way out? I kid you not, it took me 4 minutes to return to my home screen after copying this text to the clipboard

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Try flashing it without installing any of your old programs. A clean install. It is probably a program of yours.

3. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing. It's significantly worse with Themes, but it's bad on stock too. I'm fine for a few hours, and then BAM, slow as molasses.

I ALWAYS wipe data and cache.

4. Branndon

That's why I think it's a program interfering.

5. burgurboy

Great suggestion! I started looking for apps that I don't use and that run all the time... I deleted them all until I came across the culprit : data tracker. Its been lightning fast so far... ill let you guys know if anything changes, thanks!

6. Branndon

Awesome! Always easier than a full wipe!

7. burgurboy

Great suggestion! I started looking for apps that I don't use and that run all the time... I deleted them all until I came across the culprit : data tracker. Its been lightning fast so far... ill let you guys know if anything changes, thanks!

8. Branndon

Awesome! Always easier than a full wipe!