• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FroYo has just hit the AOSP

Like watching a stock ticker... :)

The "builds but does it run?" tweet was 40 minutes ago! C'mon, Koush, tell us!

This is a nice surprise. Maybe we'll have CM 6 later tonight?! ;)

Just wanted to get in there w/the first unreasonable "Is it done yet?!" estimate. :D

Koush is talking about a plain froyo build and not a cm6 build. I think its going to be a few days at minimum until we start seeing cm test builds or anything

Upvote 0
So do you think OTA will be fairly soon then? I read somewhere yesterday that they announced that the "current " version was not the final. Now they've released the final for devs. So do I break down and root or just hold out for a couple of days? Will it be longer than that. Thanx all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
So do you think OTA will be fairly soon then? I read somewhere yesterday that they announced that the "current " version was not the final. Now they've released the final for devs. So do I break down and root or just hold out for a couple of days? Will it be longer than that. Thanx all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

for droid? On VZW website it says late summer. If you want Froyo before august you are going to have to root.

Upvote 0
for droid? On VZW website it says late summer. If you want Froyo before august you are going to have to root.

I saw that "X" won't get 2.2 until late summer. Is it implied that moto droid will be the same timeframe or did you read/see something else?
I assumed 2.2 to be slower to come on the X because of the blur b/s but not necessarily the same for Moto Droid (Droid 1?? "The Droid"???).... What do we call this thing now?

Thanks,
J.

Upvote 0
I saw that "X" won't get 2.2 until late summer. Is it implied that moto droid will be the same timeframe or did you read/see something else?
I assumed 2.2 to be slower to come on the X because of the blur b/s but not necessarily the same for Moto Droid (Droid 1?? "The Droid"???).... What do we call this thing now?

Thanks,
J.

If you hover over the Droid (pictured with the Droidx), it says "Flash 10.1 Late Summer"...Flash 10.1 requires 2.2, hence the conclusion :)

Reactions: johnnybirdman
Upvote 0

Thanks,
J.

check this thread http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/107328-froyo-flash-confirmed-late-summer.html

It says late summer for flash. That means froyo

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones