Froyo issues

Last Updated:

1. hockeyman316

hockeyman316 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. Soooo I was super excited when I woke up and found out I had the new Froyo update for my incredible. I clicked to install, and the update failed halfway through. Because I am kind of a noob to this stuff, could it have anything to do with the fact I am rooted? If so, how can I fix it so I can get Froyo.......and will I have wait to have the update re-pushed to my phone? Please help, I have searched the updates and cupcakes drum, but haven't found anything thank you :)

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Nice to see a hockey guy here. ;)

Welcome to Android Forums.

Your query will probably get more responses in the Incredible forums; I'll move it to that area for you.

And, yes, rooting your device renders it not visible to the (factory/carrier/OTA) update process.

3. hockeyman316

hockeyman316 Member This Topic's Starter

Sounds super. Thank you for the heads up.....and moving my post :)

4. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

You have to be stock (2.1 update-1) with STOCK recovery (no Clockwork or Amon_RA) and you will still get the update, but you will LOSE ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Or you can just apply custom recovery (if you havent done so already), apply unrevoked forever, apply the RUU leak (now official ruu) and then just apply the old payload-update, and if you want, just re-apply custom recovery via the PB31IMG.zip method in the hboot