• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Leak for Epic 4G Was Not Final, Says Sprint

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
I’ve been under a heavy barrage from some of our readers, it seems, regarding the upgrade to Android 2.2 that leaked on Google’s servers. I was accused of spreading misinformation, but I beg to differ. My plea, apology, and the little bit of help I can provide can be found in an update on the [...]

More...

This happens every time something like this leaks; this was no different, just on a more FML scale.

If it doesn't come OTA you should wait for your carrier or manufacturer to make the announcement and provide the user with an official way to get the update OTW. If the end user doesn't wait for this, they should take full responsibility for what they do to the phone regardless of where they found the information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones