• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Leak vs Offical OTA

There is no official OTA. There is a leaked update, however. Motorola obtained an official cease and desist order on it and said that anyone who has it will not be able to update to the official ota.

As I understand it, the leaked rom has bugs and problems. My advice would be to wait. It'll come within the month, imo. (Not official).

Upvote 0
Reading over some threads I noticed that some people have said they've already gotten the official OTA froyo update. I was wondering if there is any difference between the leak and the official update.

Were these people who said they got the official OTA Froyo update talking about on thier Droid X, or a different handset? Froyo just rolled out OTA for the Droid Incredible, are you getting handsets confused maybe? Because it's not out for the Droid X yet.

Upvote 0
Were these people who said they got the official OTA Froyo update talking about on thier Droid X, or a different handset? Froyo just rolled out OTA for the Droid Incredible, are you getting handsets confused maybe? Because it's not out for the Droid X yet.

I saw the thread he's referring to. It was one of those "geez I can't wait for froyo" threads and a couple of wise guys tried to stir things up by claiming they already had OTA. Nothing to get excited about. If it was out, we'd know about it.

Upvote 0
no different then updating from 2.0 to 2.1 a few months back......

OMG I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that you S&D all posting. First off the X hasn't been out a few months its hasn't even been out two months yet. Second, The X never had 2.0. 2.0 was the OS the original droid shipped with back in 09 when it was launched. The DX shipped with 2.1.

Upvote 0
OMG I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that you S&D all posting. First off the X hasn't been out a few months its hasn't even been out two months yet. Second, The X never had 2.0. 2.0 was the OS the original droid shipped with back in 09 when it was launched. The DX shipped with 2.1.

right, but the D1 was basically the same animal, and all signs show us leading to the same point.....

like i said, i dont see much difference as to how i went from 2.0 to 2.1 and the D1 then the way i went from 2.1 to 2.2 on the DX

and as far as what you would "recommend" me to do....cease is spelled with a "C"

get over yourself

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones