• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo leaked 2.2 ota update not able to...well..."UPDATE"

jack1987

Sep 27, 2010
Hello, i am getting a really weird message when i try to manually update my phone (which has 2.1-update 1) to the leaked update.
I had moved the update file from my laptop to the root of my sd card.
I followed the all the guides to change the file to "update.zip" (no quotes) if thats right, and i went to hboot got to recovery and hit update from sd card, this is what i got:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop"
, "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/inc/inc/in
c:2.1-update1/ERE27/161494:user/release-keys" l l
file_getprop("/system/bild.prop", "ro.bu
ild.fingerprint") == "verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.
2/FRF91/231334:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Not sure whether if it is human error or if i have a problem with my phone not being able to update.

Any help would be appreciated, im not too worried about getting this done asap so please forgive me if i dont reply immediately or have to be taught about something a few times!

P.S. I have a Htc incredible that was rooted, i was about to unroot it when i accidentally deleted some partitions, luckily i was able to adb push some files, really, thanks to the help of iowabowtech and some xda-developers forums i was able to get it back to stock image and had it set to the image that for some reason wont recieve the ota update.

These are my specifics:

Firmware: 2.1-update1
Baseband:1.00.03.04.06
Kernel:2.6.29-cc1c2268 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build:1.22.605.0 CL161493 release-keys
Software:1.22.605.0
Browser:Webkit 3.1
Not sure if u need to know anything else :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones