Froyo: LED Notifications for SMS/MMS and Missed CallsSupport

Last Updated:

1. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1) I got Handcent's LED to work but only when not on the charger. Others report it fires when charging also? If so, what are your notification setting details in Handcent? Note I am using the current version.

2) I can not get any missed phone call LED to light for more than the 5 min. stock flash time. This seems to have broken w/Froyo. Have tried Blink, Missed Call for Android, and Missed Reminder. Has anyone figured this out to enable flashing for more than 5 min.

3) I have my stock 2.2 LED flash notifications set to OFF for SMS/MMS and missed calls in 'settings'/'display'. I assume that's proper when using 3rd party LED apps.

Please advise-esp. on #2. Thanks much.

Mike

Advertisement
  2. osteology

osteology Member

Similar question - I used Missed Reminder with 2.1, now it force closes with 2.2. What is out there that is similar?

3. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I use Easy Reminder. It seems to work fine. As for the OP's question regarding Handcent LED's, mine work when charging. Not sure why yours don't? I have the Blink LED checked, etc.

4. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll try Easy Reminder. thx

I get either the solid red charging LED or solid green (full charge) that stay on (non-flashing)until I unplug the charger. Simply can not get the LED to flash for a text when plugged in.

Can you give me all the specific settings for Handcent under the LED notification settings menu?

much appreciated.

5. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

That is strange. Here are my settings:
    I have Blink LED checked
    LED flash frequency fast
    Enable reminders is checked
    Number of reminders 10 (but maybe try keep repeating for your specific issue)
    Reminder interval 5

I have mine set kind of low because I'm usually not very far from my phone but when I do leave it for a while, it will be blinking if it's on the charger.

I'm wondering if when you have a full charge, it tells Handcent to stop notifying? Mine still flashes while charging without being fully charged. I haven't paid attention to it when the battery's full...

6. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

my phone blinks green notifications when it on the charger.. i been looking, and cant find the setting for that.. i remember something of the sort.. anyone know..

7. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor