• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fidget

Jun 3, 2010
was in a TMO store today and asked if they knew when froyo was coming to MTS. Rep said probably November around the time mytouch HD launches. he also said there may be update for wifi voice calling.

anyone hear anything else? I'd settle for before the end of the year. fingers-crossed

of course, not sure these reps are any more in the know than joe public.

of course, not sure these reps are any more in the know than joe public.

you are right and its been said time and time again store reps are low level employees who have no knowledge of any updates until they are announced, plus you mentioned that he said probably coming in November, translation, he has no clue and told you what he thought you wanted to hear. these reps play the odds. what are the chances of you going in there at the end of November still with no froyo and calling him out on it? chances are not good so he has no reason not to lie and move on to other customers.

Upvote 0
Well I just got off the phone with yet another rep and this guy knew his stuff. 4th slide is on its way.......but he did leave me with some hope. He guaranteed me that froyo was coming november/december at the latest. Will be coming with the mytouch hd release. He even said on his own that the only reason its taking so long is because of the sense UI.I don't know but I believe this guy, he had the most knowledge out of anyone I've tasked to yet.

Upvote 0
I called customer Service yesterday and asked... Like always they are super nice on the phone... but I could tell this guy was reading word for word what was on a paper in front of him... (I did CS for a few years) ..

Well he said they updated for the first Mytouch are coming out frist.. They start this week.. then with next week they go to then next MyTouch with the 3.2 jacks .... then MTS slide ... so with in 3 - 4 weeks... I should be gettting my Android 2.2 update...

Well lets see if this holds true .. I'm not holding my breath.....

Upvote 0
My son received a text yesterday saying they are rolling out 2.2 in the next few days.

My son received a text yesterday saying his original mytouch will be receiving 2.2 in the next few days.

umm whats with the double posting guy? you already posted this exact post in another thread (second quote shown above is from the other thread here). we get it your son got a text for his original mytouch. that update has nothing at all to do with our phone. this talk of the original mytouch needs to be posted in the mytouch 3g forum or at least kept in the thread already made for the mytouch 3g update (which shoudn't be in this forum to begin with). i, for one, don't care about updates that aren't for my phone and am tired of reading about other phones in the mytouch slide forum. if i want to know about other phones and their updates i'll go to their respective forums. ~end rant

Upvote 0
umm whats with the double posting guy? you already posted this exact post in another thread (second quote shown above is from the other thread here). we get it your son got a text for his original mytouch. that update has nothing at all to do with our phone. this talk of the original mytouch needs to be posted in the mytouch 3g forum or at least kept in the thread already made for the mytouch 3g update (which shoudn't be in this forum to begin with). i, for one, don't care about updates that aren't for my phone and am tired of reading about other phones in the mytouch slide forum. if i want to know about other phones and their updates i'll go to their respective forums. ~end rant

Wow. Lighten up. He asked a question, and i gave him a little info.

Upvote 0
i'm sure the regulars agree with me. Noobs need to learn:

double post=FAIL
posting to wrong section/forum=FAIL

sorry guy them's the breaks.

So posting in two different threads is a fail? And answering someone's question is a fail? If you didn't like my responses, then don't read and respond to them. You think your rants don't clutter up the board? And i'm anything but a noob to this forum, i just have a life and don't post nearly as much as you. I only post when i might have something constructive to add to the conversation, which is more than i can say for yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones