Froyo on its way for Galaxy Apollo 3General

1. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Hi,

It seems we're getting closer and closer to Froyo !

As you can read on twitter (and mentioned in this post) we will have to wait until the Galaxy S has had its update. No problem, we'll wait just a little bit longer, that way the bugs can be fixed before they release it to our phones :)

Samsung Galaxy Apollo/3 to get Android 2.2 update after Galaxy S | Androidos.in

There's already a leaked firmware on samfirmware. However, I will wait until I'm getting it through kies ;-)

Samsung I5800 gets Froyo! -

Now let's keep an eye out and see if we can find a date .. ! :)

cheers
    stoffell

Advertisement
    :
  2. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Oh, keep in mind that this leaked firmware is not compatible with i5801. More news to follow! :)
  3. teapot123

teapot123 Member

Oh my! This is the first comforting thing I read all day. I bought the I5800 this very morning like an idiot, just to realise I can't use skype on it and that it has a bug that makes it go mute if you try to talk over fring or nimbuzz or voiceonaut. In other words, no voip!

The only hope is a firmware update. Which isn't available. I've been miserable all day, considering selling the phone.

So thanks for this headsup! I wouldn't dare flashing the phone myself but hopefully this is a good sign, hopefully this will be released officially soon, right?
  4. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Awesome news! Thanks for the update!
  5. haree

haree Active Member

6. reagnon

reagnon Member

I had been reading that it would come but I think it won't come fast.
    Still, great news.
  7. bratick

bratick Member

now how to return the factory firmvare:eek:
  8. pernilleib

pernilleib New Member

Skype runs without problems on i5800 with the latest free Skype from Android markt
  9. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

By SamFirmware:
    Samsung First Froyo for Galaxy S worldwide than Froyo for Apollo. All done before end of Q1 2011!
  10. jwfrank

jwfrank New Member

@teapot123
    Have you been able to use skype?
    For me, it will be important should I buy this phone, and if there is a real problem, I would reconsider

Thanks
  11. Ze Enzo

Ze Enzo New Member

I think Froyo is coming to our phones late April 2011
  12. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Yep that's been the message. They aren't going to offer anything that isn't already out there anyways so it's nbd to me...