Froyo on o2 with mac?

Last Updated:

1. torred

torred New Member This Topic's Starter

Its probably already on here , but i'm new to the forum. I have got an o2 branded htc desire and want to put the froyo 2.2 update on it. I am a mac use and every way i have seen so far is for pc users.

Has anyone come across a possiblity for this for mac users.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

You will have to wait for O2 to release their *branded and tested* version of 2.2, or debrand the phone to receive the official update.

It is not as much a issue with your having a mac as the update will likely be pushed OTA.

3. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Hit the link in my sig :D

I rooted & flashed a froyo ROM onto my O2 branded Desire on a Mac this way :)

4. torred

Thanks Jammy,

I have followed the instructions but it says it cant open the sd zip file when i try to install it from the root menu. Is there anyway of debranding the handset?

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

"Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [radionumber].zip > yes” This should only take a couple of seconds. Apply this zip.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [rom].zip > yes” This one will take a good while. Apply this too."

Odd.. are you sure you did it exactly as the guide said?

6. torred

its when i do these parts it says it cant open it and operation aborted.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [radionumber].zip > yes” This should only take a couple of seconds. Apply this zip.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [rom].zip > yes” This one will take a good while. Apply this too."

I have a feeling that they are not zip files on my mac. Did you choose htc sense or nexus versions?