• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo on Orange UK with branded handset?

Jamalsid

Oct 15, 2010
Hi guys

Been looking at these forums for a few weeks now since I got my phone on Orange UK and was wandering if anyone has managed to get the official Froyo update through Kies for a branded Orange UK Galaxy S?

Everytime I check Kies tells me the latest firmware is on my phone, but I'm sure I read a post from Beards stating all Galaxy S phones should be able to get the update by 11th and its the 12th now and still no update showing fo me.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

How can this be. I am on Orange (pay monthly) but when I use Kies it says that my version cannot be updated! :(

I think theres a way to registry hack the phone, so it appears as a different model. Im not sure if the latest kies has fixed this flaw though.

A couple of months back I was able to do a registry hack following info on this forum to fool kies into thinking I had a standard uk unlocked version and hence put JM1 firmware on it.

I wouldnt think it would be too long before orange makes the firmware official. Be warned though, it aint as smooth as you would expect.

I'd use z4root app to root the phone then apply the oclf and you're phone will fly. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones