• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo or not froyo?

w2w

May 27, 2010
I rooted my 0.8 Desire from a guide on here. This seemed to go as the guide said it would. I then followed another guide to install the radio and sence froyo. This also seemed to go to plan. It wiped all my data and apps but I re-installed Mybackup pro and got everything back

2 problems now..

my main email that I used to access with the 'email icon' on the main screen [hotmail] will not connect any more

and when I look at the phone software version it says 'version 2.1 update 1' Does this mean 2.2 has NOT been istalled?

If so I'm pissed off as it took me about 2 hours in all

I rooted my 0.8 Desire from a guide on here. This seemed to go as the guide said it would. I then followed another guide to install the radio and sence froyo. This also seemed to go to plan. It wiped all my data and apps but I re-installed Mybackup pro and got everything back

2 problems now..

my main email that I used to access with the 'email icon' on the main screen [hotmail] will not connect any more

and when I look at the phone software version it says 'version 2.1 update 1' Does this mean 2.2 has NOT been istalled?

If so I'm pissed off as it took me about 2 hours in all

If it is saying software version 2.1 then i am sorry to say 2.2 is not installed.

Upvote 0
I recently rooted and tried froyo. I tried several defrost roms and found them all to be buggy and too frustrating to use on a day to day basis. Apart from the bugs my main impressions of froyo were the speed (a big improvement) and the apps to sd (a big let down because apps have to be coded to take advantage of this feature and only part of the app is stored on the sd card). If you want apps2sd try the modaco 3.1r rom which is the standard desire rom with apps2sd and a couple of other things included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones