Froyo phone on vibrate, not vibrating on phone call?

Last Updated:

1. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So since I installed the FROYO update...when my phone is on vibrate, and I get a call...the phone won't vibrate.

I'm missing a lot of calls. Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

mine does the same thing actually. I even went into settings and there is no option for vibrate on phone call. Hopefully they address in the next froyo ota

3. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Google changed this in 2.2 and it's been annoying quite a number of people. If you go into Settings > Sound > Vibrate you can select Always, Never, Only in Silent mode, or Only when not in Silent mode. Also, the volume rocker used to go loud > quiet > vibrate > silent and now will only go to silent or vibrate (depending on what you option you chose from the list above). It was a huge PITA at first, but I've gotten used to it.

4. meek_reese

meek_reese Well-Known Member

it really is a huge PITA. I went and got the "silent toggle widget" from the market to make it easier to change from ringer-->vibrate-->silent. This was probably the most difficult thing to get used to from the 2.2 update. Not really sure why they thought it was a good idea to change this....

5. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I went into the options, Vibrate on Silent WAS checked. So I unchecked and rechecked it, and that fixed the vibrate on vibrate.

Also, for those missing the old silent, Beautiful Widgets "Beautiful Silent" widget works perfectly still.

Silent without the vibrate.