Froyo problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sope

Sope Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a test version of froyo, as a result I cannot download the official froyo from samsung kies. Does anyone know how to downgrade to Eclair? Or is their another way I can get the official froyo, please help, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

In the same boat... Put JPM on a week or so ago and had to upgrade via ODIN again to get the latest JPO build.

SGS with JPO installed seems very stable (apart from email too slow to use?) but if there is a way to get back to using KIES I would be interested to hear it.

3. Bess833

Bess833 Active Member

You can use Odin to update to JPO/JPA. Works fine like this and you can still use Kies for other things than upgrading firmware.:)

4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Yes, Odin will sort you out... it did for me after Kies bricked my untouched, stock ROM SGS.
    Just follow the simple and clear instructions here.

ayongkot, LateNiteMike and micstewart like this.
  5. Sope

Sope Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying this method now, however, odin is stuck on File analysis, does anyone know why this is happening?

6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

The first time I tried it it got stuck at Kernal. I unplugged, took out the battery, left it out for a good 30 seconds, reinserted and tried it again.

If it continues to fail, go to 3-Button and select volume + 'Recovery' and clear out the cache and try again.

If after that it still fails, repeat above only this time you may have to do all (bar restart obviously) the Recovery options.

7. LateNiteMike

LateNiteMike Well-Known Member

Beards,...I am impressed. You seem to be 'Da Man' with regards to damn good info on many issues. I will be passing on a 'Thank You' :D
    Question:
    So, are you saying that we can use (only) Odin to do the Froyo firmware upgrade....and not have to mess around trying to use Kies ???
    That would be great, and I certainly hope so....because I've read far too many postings of horror stories from users of Kies :eek:....including yours in your posting.
    I do want to do the upgrade to my box stock SGS...but I really want to avoid having to use Kies to get the job done...it's just too damn scary !

8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Trust me..... For upgrading, use Odin and forget Kies.
    Besides, Samsungfirmware.com push out ROM's much, much quicker than waiting for the one's from Samsung.... Or simply wait until the official one comes out and download it from Samsungfirmware.com

Advantages:-
    1. You are not using Kies
    2. You get many more ROM files to use
    3. You get a permanent copy of the downloaded ROM on your PC should you wish to chop & change.

Whilst I am here.....
    After you have finished upgrading your ROM, why not Root & LagFix your SGS.
    Again don't worry about all those hard ways of doing it. Do the following:-
    1. Use RyanZA's 'z4root' which is a simple App you install on your phone that roots your SGS.
    2. Next use RyanZA's 'OCLF' which like z4root is an App you install on your SGS and it will perform a LagFix.

There.... your phone is now done and dusted. :)

LateNiteMike likes this.