9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    82.4%

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What kernel are you using (speed/dev/voltage)
    What ROM and version?
    How long have you been running the ROM?
    Does it occur under certain circumstances?
    What is your minimum clock speed set at?

It seems to be hit or miss with this reboot thing, and some of us (myself included) have the low end at at least 250 (mine is 400).

So...
    I have used Chevy 1.2 LV and ULV and P3 1.2 LV and have had rebooting issues.
    BB 0.1 for a few days
    Seemed to happen more using Nav and under load - with Nav mine clocks down to 1000.
    My minimum clock is 400.

Maybe this will help the developers overall, since it seems like some have it and others don't.

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Was having them like crazy on BB .2 but now with the updated BB .2.1 I am not at all. I am using chevy ULV 1.25 low of 250 and NO apps on my SD at all, I edited the file to make sure none go there.

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just finished editing that file now. Going to try .2.1 and give it a go. Just backing up files.
    This is good to hear.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I am running a plain jane version of FRF57 and I dont have random reboots at all. Im using JDFLG kernel so my min clock speed is 400 and max is 1200

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Chevy ULV 1.1GHz Kernel
    JRummy Kangerade V1.0 (green theme)
    Running for 2 days
    Zero Reboots
    Minimum Clock Speed 400 (250 was not a problem either)

6. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Currently running:
    P3 LV 1.2GHz Kernel
    JRummy Kangerade V1.0 (green theme)
    Running for 1 days
    Zero Reboots
    Minimum Clock Speed 250
    Maximum Clock Speed 1100

Previously running:
    P3 LV 1.2GHz Kernel
    BB V0.1
    Running for 5 days
    Zero Reboots
    Minimum Clock Speed 250
    Maximum Clock Speed 1100
    (moved on due to wi-fi issue)

7. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I don't see any more reboots with froyo than I did with ESE81. Just gotta make sure the voltage and clock speed are right. Once I find a good combination, I don't see any random reboots at all. I like to use the SetCPU stress test to evaluate stability of a given combination. If it runs for two minutes with no errors and doesn't break 120

8. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

I actually haven't had any reboots on Froyo... whereas I had a total of 2 reboots on 2.1 (guess I'm one of the lucky ones!)

Currently Running:
    ChevyNo1 1.2 Ghz ULV Kernel (@ 1100/800 on demand)
    NexBeast FRF57 V0.1.1
    Been running the ROM since Sunday, 6/13/10

9. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member

Currently Running:
    NexBeast V0.1.1
    P3Droids 1.0 MHZ LV Kernal

Zero Reboots or issues
    Been running since he put it out.

10. subsynth

subsynth Active Member

I had a few reboots with ESE81 before on NexBeast and BB1.1. I think it was kernel related.

I have the FRF57 build and I ran it with the stock kernel for almost a week with no reboots.

I updgraded to the P3 1 ghz kernel and ran it from Sunday to Tuesday no problems.

I installed the BBv.02 with the stock kernel when it was released and it ran for about 12 hours and then I had a shutdown. I may have hit the button combo in my pocket, but when I turned it back on it said the battery had been exhausted! (was at close to 80% right before this happened) I don't know if the kernel had some sort of leak or what.

I plugged it in to my charger for a few minutes and then turned it off and left it unplugged while I played a round of disc golf. I came back to my car and it had turned back on and was reporting the proper battery level.
    That sort of turned me off to "experimental" Rom Builds for a bit.

I restored my backup of the FRF57 with P3 1 ghz and have been running smoothly again. I did make a few tweaks to the build.prop file myself (Market fix, Wifi Scan interval, Ring Delay) Now I have a few of the under-the-hood tweaks (further modded by me) I wanted from BB but the stability of the FRF57 build.

11. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

The only Froyo ROM I ever had reboot problems with was Bugless Beast V0.2. Running NexBeast V0.1.1 with P3Droid 1.2Ghz LV kernel (minimum set at 400/maximum set to 1200) I haven't had a single reboot. I haven't tried Pete's newest update because I figured I'll leave well-enough alone (at least until an official built-from-source ROM is made available).

12. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Kangerade (Green)
    Chevy's 1 ghz low voltage
    set at 400-1000
    no reboots

my personal opinion:

I believe a lot of users are experiencing these reboots because a lot of the newer kernels seem to be getting lower and lower voltage. I used to use jdlfg's ulv 1 ghz kernel on Cyanogen ROM with no issues. Two days ago I loaded up Kangerage and tried out Chevy's ulv kernels from 1.25 down to 1.0 and experienced reboots. At that time I was setting it at 250-max. So I switched to Chevy's low voltage and started from 1.25 to 1.0 and still had reboots.

My phone has always done well with just about any kernel I had tried, and there was no way in my mind that I wasn't able to run at 1ghz. So with the 1ghz still flashed I upped the minimum just one notch to 400 and haven't experienced any reboots since.

The previous reboots came when I was browsing the web for around 10 mins. Later I am going to flash an ulv kernel and up the minimum to 400 as well to see if that will run without reboots.

13. jojo29

jojo29 Well-Known Member

Im running the following:

Pete's BuglessBeast V0.1 (my notes on v0.2 at bottom) http://bit.ly/dw50KL

P3 Kernel 1200 = 250/500/600/900/1000/1100/1200 http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/250-1200-v32kernel.zip

NexTheme: Download FRF57V01-nextheme.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way can be found at this thread http://androidforums.com/all-things...ed-rom-bugless-beast-froyo-v-01-nextheme.html

Anywhoo i have been running this setup since V.01 release and man, it is SMOKING fast, at least on my droid with Quadrant scores ranging from 1500-1697. Im gonna be running this setup till the BBv0.2 reboot issues are resolved, Pete, im patient for your updates :)

NOTES: BBV0.2
    I installed/flashed with the same above kernel with no problem at first. I also noticed the app drawer not showing apps but quickly figured out, oh its probably the SDcard thing and so moved my apps around...thats where i ran into the reboot issues. The phone kept rebooting, as i was trying to move apps from SDCard back to Phone...so i couldn't do any changes. On top of that, it finally just kept getting stuck at the "Droid Eye" reboot loop.

My solution was to run SPRecovery and reinstall BBv0.1...it was quite a pain in the butt, but nothing us rooters are not used to by now, as good and great as Pete's BB runs, there will always be that finicky version that just causes problems...is this one it? I don't know but i will wait on v0.2.1 and on and see what peeps say ill probably try the next release. Anywhoo i hope that helps out pete in whatever way it might or could :) other than this ive been happy with BB EXCEPT one THING....Pete, why no NexTheme like you did with BBV1.1 (or something like that) and thanks of course to FAB for the NexTheme updates EXCEPT one thing: I like using the SPRecovery method and so far i believe your NexThemes have been only for CWM method? Other than that GREAT work guys :) Your the reasons why the MotoDroid is pretty much the best k/b Android Phone out there...despite the Nexus One, EVO4G, and Incredible being out...i would LOVE one of those newer phones BUT, 2 things: No Physical K/B and you guys make me not miss/want those phones since the Droid is hanging in there lol