• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo results RUU Leak vs Official OTA release

JuicyJones

Jul 13, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
I wanted to compare the results of the two different methods of installing this update. I wiped everything by installing the leaked RUU 2 days ago and I must say my phone's performance has significantly improved. My quadrant score went from 525 (stock) to 1365 (after installing the leaked Froyo) neither score was rooted.

Scrolling seems much faster and the optical pad is a lot smoother. I'm hearing some people who installed the OTA saying that their phone has been laggy and hangs when scrolling. I've been running the official Froyo for the past 2 days and haven't experienced this.

Can we get some feedback from some people who have installed the RUU vs OTA...

Edit: 1365 is the highest quadrant score that I've posted. lowest was 1290. Others are 1313, 1320, 1326, I've been trying to compile a bunch of scores to get an average.

I also did the RUU and must say the performance is much better. I have over 3000 songs and the music player was real slow and laggy, now its much faster and scrolls almost instantaneously when going through the track list (before it used to hang up a few seconds then move alittle, hang up, move a little, etc).

My only complain so far is when listening to music and using the navigation. Whenever a turn by turn voice comes on, the music stops and i have to go in and manually play it again. With 2.1 it used to just resume as soon as the gps voice instruction was over. This is pretty frustrating and is a dealbreaker on an otherwise awesome performance boost on the music player.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

Upvote 0
I also did the RUU and must say the performance is much better. I have over 3000 songs and the music player was real slow and laggy, now its much faster and scrolls almost instantaneously when going through the track list (before it used to hang up a few seconds then move alittle, hang up, move a little, etc).

My only complain so far is when listening to music and using the navigation. Whenever a turn by turn voice comes on, the music stops and i have to go in and manually play it again. With 2.1 it used to just resume as soon as the gps voice instruction was over. This is pretty frustrating and is a dealbreaker on an otherwise awesome performance boost on the music player.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

You could try muting navigation? But that's more like a bandaid and not a fix. Try a different music player maybe?

Upvote 0
I wanted to compare the results of the two different methods of installing this update. I wiped everything by installing the leaked RUU 2 days ago and I must say my phone's performance has significantly improved. My quadrant score went from 525 (stock) to 1250 (after installing the leaked Froyo) neither score was rooted.

Scrolling seems much faster and the optical pad is a lot smoother. I'm hearing some people who installed the OTA saying that their phone has been laggy and hangs when scrolling. I've been running the official Froyo for the past 2 days and haven't experienced this.

Can we get some feedback from some people who have installed the RUU vs OTA...

Ya know Juicy, I remember when the Eris got updated OTA to 2.1, people were complaining about choppy behavior and wound up fixing it with a Factory Reset!

You MAY be prophetic going RUU instead! I am interested in seeing how things progress over the next few days and weeks on this topic! ;)

Upvote 0
the droid x scores for froyo weren't that much higher than the 2.1 quadrant scores. droid x was getting as high as 1300s on 2.1 so you would think with froyo it would easily break 2k. the incredible went from 500 to 1200 to 1500, 2.1 to 2.2. the incredible saw a huge jump in performance going to froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones