Last Updated:

1. darktheory

darktheory Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    LansdowneMike and TOR like this.
  2. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!

So for those who have manually updated should still get a OTA!! Because this will be a new build!

The manual update one was more for "testing."

3. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

Wait. What? Got any more info?

4. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

Just a guess judging from the above post. The early birds that got the OTA already, build is probably the same one that we updated manually too.

So if that final build is ready for the OTA, I don't see why we don't get it.

5. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

It didn't take long before Google pulled the update file from their servers. This leads me to suspect that they hadn't intended for it to become public. But thats what happens with the internet and an open source community I suppose...

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

aaa google new that we would jump all over it, if they made it available for even 5 minutes. its probably there intention all along to get some real world testing.. Now i hope we do get the final build OTA even if we upgraded already

what pisses me off is that this only means that we wont see any market improvements until its real release. as far as missing apps

7. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

Well, I can wait a bit on the Market thing. At least we know they are actually rolling out an OTA now. I don't think the wait will be bad. The current version they rolled out to review units (and we managed to get) is almost perfect. Once the next build for the OTA hits, I imagine they'll want to have everything sorted out.

8. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Love it - LMAO..... :D

9. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

anyone else find it odd that was posted to twitter via iphone? misinformation or truth? I guess we'll find out

10. darktheory

darktheory Active Member This Topic's Starter

the poster who is a google software engineer is getting hassle as he's posting from tweetie on OSX but its showing as posted from tweetie on iphone instead.

see: "romainguy: Please #Twitter, fix #Tweetie for OS X to stop appearing as the iPhone app. This would help keeping me sane. (about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone)"

Rhysd2 likes this.
  11. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

ahh fair enough. Well thats good news if its true then because I've found a few bugs with the froyo version that surfaced over the weekend and it'd be nice for them to be fixed.

12. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

nvm ;)

13. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

The guys at Google are not dumb, and obviously understand that the update will be getting out to the open source community. This is one of the reasons I like Google - they aren't afraid of the open source community getting the update and starting to tweak it. Google is still all about getting people on the internet, and android is just another method to make the internet more accessible.