Froyo Roms - How Much Better Battery Life?

Last Updated:

1. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to determine how much better my battery life is based on non-scientific normal everyday usage. I installed Sky Raider 1.9 on my phone. Charged two of my extra stock 1300mAH batteries to 100% and have been running them on the phone. Will restore back to my stock ROM and try the same and see the difference.

What have you guys found? Aren't we supposed to see improved battery with Froyo?

Advertisement
  2. drPheta

Whoops, could someone move this to the appropriate forum?

3. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

My battery life with SR1.9 was no better than stock.

4. drPheta

Sadly, this is what I've noticed so far. Think things will change when FroYo officially makes it to our phones?

Back to the 2150 battery, for now.

5. drPheta

Just wanted to update this thread. I've been running the leaked FroYo ROMs since last week. Both of them have been yielding EXCELLENT battery results.

Previously, I could not last till 10pm w/o having to charge my phone on the stock 1300mAH battery. Well, I recalibrated the 2.1 OS and ran it again for a few days. 1300mAH goes to 10pm and I need to charge it. Enter 2.2 leaks (7/27 and 8/1). With moderate to heavy use since 7am to now (6:50pm... let's call it 12 hours), and I have 54% battery left according to Spare Parts.

No bump charge, just a simple overnight charge from 11pm to 7am. Everyday. Again, not scientific, but I know my usage is fairly consistent each day. Either way, in order for me to need to charge the phone by 10 (3 hours) I need to run down 40% of the battery to get the 14% battery message to pop up. This is a huge improvement over 2.1.

These leaked FroYo ROMs are giving my phone a major boost in battery levels. My GF indicates similar improvement with her battery, as well (loaded up the leak onto her phone).

NOTES:
    I clear the battery stats after each ROM install with a fully charge battery (phone off till green), and the following apps have been removed on my install.

Amazonmp3
    AppSharing
    CityID
    htc.FMRadioWidget
    FriendStreamWidget
    Stocks
    DCSStock
    Flickr
    GenieWidget
    BookmarkWidget
    ContactWidget
    FMRadio
    Footprints
    FootprintsWidget
    HTCPhotoWidget
    HTCSyncWidget
    Twitter
    HtcTwitter
    VVM
    VzNav
    VZW_Skype

/framework/com.cequint.platform.jar /system/app.disabled/
    /framework/com.cequint.platform.odex /system/app.disabled/

6. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

I have seen similar results using adrynalyne's latest (sense) ROM. I'm at 50% right now after 25hrs off the charger on my 1750mAh battery. No bump charging, just a normal charge over night. Prior to that I was consistently getting around 17hrs on the same battery doing bump charges.

7. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Same hear. My battery life has been bumped up 20% easy from where is was with 2.1. I charged my phone on the way to work today and unplugged at 8AM with 99%. Its 3:15 now and i'm still at 90%. I've only had 2 calls and installed a few updates and checked facebook a few times but 10% in almost a full work day is just crazy. I'm going to bed with my phone running for 20hours and i'm still at 50%. I'm on the stock 1300 battery too. I also have a bunch of updating news/blog widgets installed that run all day.

8. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

I've noticed a huge improvement in battery life. I'm a heavy user, with the Seidio 3500mah battery, and I'm at 68% after 15 hours of use. I used to be at 30-40% at this point in the day. I might even be able to switch back to the stock battery.

Despite what my profile says, I'm actually using the 8/1 OTA ROM.

9. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

ok so i'm running adrynylne's "Second Wave" using the TP2 1500mah batt. and I turned the phone off and charged it all night, unplugged it, plugged it back in, and again, to make sure the light stayed green, booted into recovery and cleared batt stats. Booted phone and after 19hrs of fairly heavy use I still have 37% left.

10. zedwards

zedwards Member

No changes since using stock Froyo.

11. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i'm not seeing better battery life running 2.2. it seems the same, maybe better when in standby, but when i'm using it, it seems to drain pretty quickly.

12. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Nope, actually a bit worse but I think that's because I play with it more now.

13. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

1d 19hrs when I got the 15% battery warning. I've never made it to 20 hours before updating to Froyo

14. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I'm getting worse battery life compared to 2.1 with a Hydra overclock/undervolted kernal. I'm using Adrenylens Second Wave 2.2 Rom (which I am loving dispite battery drain)

15. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Broke my old battery record last night. Went 13 hours and was still at 81%. I even ran Pandora for an hour in my car. My battery just seems to get better and better.

16. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Well-Known Member

I'll put it this way. With Adrenalyne's More PB&J which I think is what I am running, it depends on how much of what I do. Twidroyd seems to be a battery vampire as does any flash content stuff. Yesterday I purposefully did not plug in and got a lot more. One of the days this weekend I used it as I normally do without downloading a bunch of apps or switching roms or installing anything or whatever and got just about a full day of normal use with the GPS running the whole time which I never would have done before. Also my Uptime and Awake times are about as far apart as I have ever seen. So I am very happy so far. I haven't tried the one with Sense. I have downloaded it and probably will this afternoon. I am only about 3 weeks out from having to settle in to one and keeping it because I will be starting back to school for the first significant time in about 10 years and working full time with serious commutes to all locations. So I won't be playing around trying out a bunch of new ones. I am getting as much in as I can now. LOL.