• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo themes! Post them here.

Unfortunately I have not been able to run a theme over BB without it breaking something. It seems to be different for everyone, though, so if you have installed a theme over BB, please post your results.

I hadn't tried WiFi when I flashed BB, but I just tried it after installing the Clean Black theme and it immediately reboots my phone.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have not been able to run a theme over BB without it breaking something. It seems to be different for everyone, though, so if you have installed a theme over BB, please post your results.

I had to re-install Titanium...but all of my settings (like max # of backups) were retained. Other than that, I haven't had a problem theming BB.

Did you wipe and format prior to installing BB? I had first tried to keep data (that never works :mad:) and I had to fix Flash, C2P, and a few other things before the phone was usable. I tried to theme it after all was working and it re-broke some of those things.

Since I installed BB "the right way"...haven't had an issue with the few themes I've tried (other than it uninstalling TiBu).

Upvote 0
I had to re-install Titanium...but all of my settings (like max # of backups) were retained. Other than that, I haven't had a problem theming BB.

Did you wipe and format prior to installing BB? I had first tried to keep data (that never works :mad:) and I had to fix Flash, C2P, and a few other things before the phone was usable. I tried to theme it after all was working and it re-broke some of those things.

Since I installed BB "the right way"...haven't had an issue with the few themes I've tried (other than it uninstalling TiBu).

I have had trouble with the market, C2P and one of my paid apps. I have no problems on an unthemed BB, only after theming.

Upvote 0
I have had trouble with the market, C2P and one of my paid apps. I have no problems on an unthemed BB, only after theming.

I should also mention that when I installed a "fresh" copy of BB, it was after Pete added some fixes (still Version 0.1...but it's "updated"). I don't know if that had anything to do with it?

I have themed my "good" installation with Blue Energy and Black Ice...market and C2P have been working fine.

I'm not disagreeing with you...just trying to deduce why you are having issues where I am not. What themes did you try?

Upvote 0
I should also mention that when I installed a "fresh" copy of BB, it was after Pete added some fixes (still Version 0.1...but it's "updated"). I don't know if that had anything to do with it?

I have themed my "good" installation with Blue Energy and Black Ice...market and C2P have been working fine.

I'm not disagreeing with you...just trying to deduce why you are having issues where I am not. What themes did you try?

I have had trouble with blackmodz not liking C2P, but that may have been due to not wiping/reflashing clean. With Black Ice, it puts Google maps 4.1.1 on there for some reason and it is unable to be updated via the market. It even does this over the team chaos Froyo.

I am having good luck with all of the other team chaos themes over their rom.

Upvote 0
Two things I've noticed. Drop Theme screwed up the market for me. Couldn't download/update any apps.
Also, I keep trying to apply the Team Chaos themes (RR and Blue Ice) and for both I get stuck at the "M" and it never boots. I also give it like 5 min, but nothing happens. Going to try the Clean Black now.

Edit: Clean Black has done the same thing. I just can't get past the M logo and have to restore. I'm on stock 2.2 with P3droid 1Hgz kernal. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Two things I've noticed. Drop Theme screwed up the market for me. Couldn't download/update any apps.
Also, I keep trying to apply the Team Chaos themes (RR and Blue Ice) and for both I get stuck at the "M" and it never boots. I also give it like 5 min, but nothing happens. Going to try the Clean Black now.

Edit: Clean Black has done the same thing. I just can't get past the M logo and have to restore. I'm on stock 2.2 with P3droid 1Hgz kernal. Thoughts?

Did you wipe data AND format your partitions (boot, system, data, cache) prior to loading your ROM? I believe that most people with issues like this have not done so. If you haven't wiped and formatted...it's going to be my very first suggestion to you. I'm running Blue Ice over Bugless Beast V0.1 and it works fine...so I'm sure it will work with stock 2.2 (FRF57)

For instance, I tried to load Bugless Beast V0.1 without formatting data (to save some time...) and I had all the problems that other people talked about. After I wiped and formatted...The only issue I have is that Titanium Backup keeps trying to uninstall itself (haven't figured that one out yet...just keep installing it from the market). All the other issues I was having are gone.

Upvote 0
Did you wipe data AND format your partitions (boot, system, data, cache) prior to loading your ROM? I believe that most people with issues like this have not done so. If you haven't wiped and formatted...it's going to be my very first suggestion to you. I'm running Blue Ice over Bugless Beast V0.1 and it works fine...so I'm sure it will work with stock 2.2 (FRF57)

For instance, I tried to load Bugless Beast V0.1 without formatting data (to save some time...) and I had all the problems that other people talked about. After I wiped and formatted...The only issue I have is that Titanium Backup keeps trying to uninstall itself (haven't figured that one out yet...just keep installing it from the market). All the other issues I was having are gone.

Well since I have a couple hours of free time before I go into a whirlwind week of work starting tomorrow, perhaps I'll give it another fresh shot. I did wipe the first time I loaded up 2.2, but not after the "second" update. Perhaps it's what has been causing my problems. I'll let you know in a little bit.

Upvote 0
Well since I have a couple hours of free time before I go into a whirlwind week of work starting tomorrow, perhaps I'll give it another fresh shot. I did wipe the first time I loaded up 2.2, but not after the "second" update. Perhaps it's what has been causing my problems. I'll let you know in a little bit.

Yeah, I know that spending a decent bit of time fixing this isn't exactly the answer anyone wants to here...but troubleshooting these issues via online chat can get difficult. It's just my experience that most problems like the ones you are describing can be fixed with wiping/formatting then loading a fresh ROM. If you haven't done that, it just remains as the "prime suspect".

Report back when you get done and if it doesn't solve your problems...we can tackle it from there ;)

Upvote 0
I'd be doing the same thing. I'd probably flash the ROM until I got it to take...

Maybe you could try to load a rooted, stock 2.1 ROM and then put 2.2 over top of it without wiping (much like an OTA update would work)???? Just a thought my friend...

No Shit!...why don't they "get" it! :D My wife has a Droid and I asked her if she wanted me to put 2.2 on her phone and she said no cause she'd lose the Pink Themed CM Remix from JRummy!

You know...I did exactly what you are suggesting to RedFlea...and it worked perfectly...

and hey-whileyou guys are getting the wives together, tell 'em to bring along my girl--she's ready to toss my Droid in the trash!

Upvote 0
You know...I did exactly what you are suggesting to RedFlea...and it worked perfectly...

Sweet, glad it worked for you (I was just throwing stuff out there :D)...I don't know if Redflea tried it but I think he's tried everything at this time.

and hey-whileyou guys are getting the wives together, tell 'em to bring along my girl--she's ready to toss my Droid in the trash!

Okay, we'll put her on the list. I figure if we all pay for a spa package of some kind and then tell them to pick out an outfit and a purse...we can buy at least 8 hours of peace :D.

You should do what I did...I got my wife a Droid and then I customized it. So now I put something new (app, ROM, etc.) on her phone every few days...this way it looks like I am spending all this time for "us"...not just "me" ;)

Upvote 0
Natty and UBR - and other Market issue peeps
Did you see my thread on removing vending.apk out of the themes?
Too lazy to look up the thread, lol

Yeah, thanks...I saw your post but I already figured it out...posted about it in the thread below cause I had seen someone else post a problem with ROM Manager not downloading... I think my problem was different than what you were talking about.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/98849-market-has-perpetually-downloading-app-cant-clear.html

Upvote 0
After a month of reading and just plain fear, i took the root plunge. I wanted to thank everyone for making the root process so easy. I am loving this rooted phone! I chose a rom by fab, reinstalled open home with win 7 theme, now editing the shortcuts with better cut. Runs smooth, looks great too. Installed setcpu as well, chose 900mhz max, 900mhz min to see how that goes, so far its very stable.

Only issue i had was that i got stuck in a boot cycle after install. I think it was because i did not choose the wipe option during the root install, because when i pulled the battery and re powered the phone holdimg x down, i did a factory reset/wipe, then cleared the cache, selected reboot and everything went perfect and i flashed a rom.

Upvote 0
After a month of reading and just plain fear, i took the root plunge. I wanted to thank everyone for making the root process so easy. I am loving this rooted phone! I chose a rom by fab, reinstalled open home with win 7 theme, now editing the shortcuts with better cut. Runs smooth, looks great too. Installed setcpu as well, chose 900mhz max, 900mhz min to see how that goes, so far its very stable.

Only issue i had was that i got stuck in a boot cycle after install. I think it was because i did not choose the wipe option during the root install, because when i pulled the battery and re powered the phone holdimg x down, i did a factory reset/wipe, then cleared the cache, selected reboot and everything went perfect and i flashed a rom.

You were able to get Bettercut to work on Froyo2.2?

Upvote 0
And I'm back...Here are some Screen Shots

KQ2FCl.jpg

Can you share your wallpaper looks cool!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones