• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo, Tweaked and Enhanced

This is certainly not a gripe, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

With both THIS ROM and the stock leak, I can't add a 2nd e-mail account to GMail. Basically, it lets me add the first one...then I go in to add the 2nd. After entering in my settings, and hitting "Finished" or whatever, it doesn't appear as an account.

Like I said, BOTH ROMs do this...so I don't think I needed the APK. Someone said to add it to the stock HTC mail thing, and then it would work...but is that really "working" then? I'm on 2.1 until I can get that sussed out, because I REALLY need the ability to have multiple Gmail accounts.

Thanks to anyone that can help me :)

Oh, and thanks for all your work adrynalyne, you're doing a great job :)

Upvote 0
This is certainly not a gripe, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

With both THIS ROM and the stock leak, I can't add a 2nd e-mail account to GMail. Basically, it lets me add the first one...then I go in to add the 2nd. After entering in my settings, and hitting "Finished" or whatever, it doesn't appear as an account.

Like I said, BOTH ROMs do this...so I don't think I needed the APK. Someone said to add it to the stock HTC mail thing, and then it would work...but is that really "working" then? I'm on 2.1 until I can get that sussed out, because I REALLY need the ability to have multiple Gmail accounts.

Thanks to anyone that can help me :)

Oh, and thanks for all your work adrynalyne, you're doing a great job :)

Ok, here is what ya do. Go into Gmail, add the second account. Let it sync, until the refresh icons go away. Then hit sync now.

It should save your account. I know exactly what you are talking about, because it happened to me as well.

Reactions: dreamsensei
Upvote 0
For folks having trouble with the wifi tether app, my apologies. I believe it to be a hit and miss issue and not related to this ROM but rather the kernel.

That said, there is a patch in the first post to remove said wifi tether app, and reinstate 3g hotspot. Instructions to setup 3g hotspot will be included shortly.

Upvote 0
Not really. Its one of those at your own risk things though. Its mostly useful when running a ram intensive app or apps that bog down over time.

Fair enough. I'll skip it for the time being, then.

BTW : The Gmail fix worked. It is important to note that it didn't give me the option to sync mail. It picked that up AFTER it saved and I went back in.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
For folks having trouble with the wifi tether app, my apologies. I believe it to be a hit and miss issue and not related to this ROM but rather the kernel.

That said, there is a patch in the first post to remove said wifi tether app, and reinstate 3g hotspot. Instructions to setup 3g hotspot will be included shortly.

I didn't know 3g hotspot it could be setup without paying for it??

Upvote 0
Same here I finally got 2nd gmail to stick, but couldn't remember how.
I liked this ROM and appreciate the work, but I actually like the new message app and figured I'd rather hack out the stuff I dont want instead of setting stuff up again. Btw adrynylin your still my internet hero, sincerely glad you have a dinc, nice to have a resource like you in the forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones