Froyo Type Market on 2.1

Last Updated:

1. pacothebandit

pacothebandit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, So today i noticed I have the new market app that includes: Auto updating, Update all and tabbed comments section. I noticed this today when Lookout said it had finished scanning "Market" So check it out, you may have it to! I know my wifes Vibrant has not yet.

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

You can get the froyo type market with auto update and update all over on xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803341

Seems as if Galaxy S users have been getting this market update pushed to them anyhow, so it should be a very safe install. Works for me.

3. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Interesting, it looks like my Market updated to this automatically. This morning I received notification that 5 apps had updates available and the "Update All" button appeared at the bottom.

4. lexluthor

Others have reported the silent update as well.

This is one of the best improvements in froyo and we know how much everyone thinks they want froyo.

Surprised that their doesn't appear to be that much interest in it here.

5. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

I hate it. My wife got the notification for the GPS fix update on her Vibrant, as well as this one this morning. I haven't got either. She'll never even use the capabilities of the update. Now isn't that ironic.

6. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

It's good to know I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think it might have been slipped in with the manual JI6 update I did. No notice of any kind, it just appeared today.

7. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

I dont get it. I got the OTA T-Mobile update. Are we supposed to get another as well? My Market looks the same.

8. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

You will notice the next time you have multiple app update notifications, at the bottom of the list there will be an option to "Update All." Of course, if you don't want to update all of them, you can choose the individual one(s) that you wish to update. So far this is the only change I've noticed.

9. Snow904

Snow904 Active Member

This is so Snow94 im still waiting on a freaking up-date where my friend got his two days ago that lives two doors down, wth t-mo? are they pushing this in a regional area or just randomly choose a number?

10. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

11. lexluthor

You can get the market update .apk at the link I posted. No need to wait. In addition to update all, there's also an automatic update option.

I'd think you guys would all have been excited for this. The market update is the biggest thing you'd actually notice in froyo and I know you are all clamoring for froyo, so I don't get it, but whateve

12. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the automatic update option, where is that?

13. lexluthor

Just click on any program on the downloads section and there is a check box on top.

robo21 likes this.
  14. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thank you.

15. VegasTouch

The market update is the biggest thing we will notice in Froyo? I find that hard to believe. If the only difference in the market is the option to update all at once......thats not a huge deal imo. More convieniant for sure, but not a huge deal.

Dont get me wrong, that is a cool thing but i hope that isnt the best improvement we will get with Froyo.

16. lexluthor

I actually said "notice". Lot of under the hood type stuff in froyo that you won't really notice on a fast phone.

Market update also includes auto updating as I mentioned earlier.

I have froyo on my droid x. If you are expecting it to preform and look way different than now, you'll be surprised and disappointed.

Then only things really obvious were flash and the market update.

17. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

So to sum up, Flash, Update All, Auto Update for apps, higher Quadrant test scores, what did we miss?

18. Turbo II

Turbo II Active Member

i had noticed the comments tab as well. i was checking out 5 star rated apps and was wondering why no one left a comment until i noticed the tab.

19. VegasTouch

Mine looks the same as always even after my OTA update.

20. lexluthor

21. VegasTouch

Ive been an iPhone user so this is a bit new. Whats the best way to copy the file to my phone?

Nevermind, i did it. Just went to the site link and clicked on the app link..... Thanks

22. intltracon

intltracon Active Member

Well, I download and installed the version 2007 market and when I tried to update mutiple apps it froze. Then it forceclosed 2x. Rebooted and tried again and no luck. I uninstalled the update for market and everything is working fine again. I am running stock with the OTA JI6. I guess I will wait to try it when 2.2 comes out. No big deal..I am enjoying this Phone or should I say pocket computer.

23. cowppl

cowppl Member

Is this just an update that include update all functionality, or does this update increase functionality of the Market/ Is the Market more responsive and less laggy, or is performance still the same?

24. lexluthor

Automatic update is also included. I don't think it effects performance much though.

25. intltracon

intltracon Active Member

I think the the old market with the JI6 update is less laggy and the other has cooler features. I think the new version has suggestive search. Like I posted before I went back to old(1714) and works better than before. I didnt want to keep having freeze up problems with verson 2007. Maybe it just happened to me.