Froyo update fails - OTA / Manual

Last Updated:

1. Aubiek

Aubiek New Member This Topic's Starter

Running a non(never) rooted droid, running 2.1-update1, ESE81
    My OTA update yesterday and today both failed, so I went ahead and tried the manual update as per the guide here - downloaded the update files, made sure they were in the /sdroot named correctly (update.zip) not (update.zip.zip)
    on boot, went into recovery mode - hit update from update.zip - checks the file, finds it, works fine, gets to:

verifying current system... assert failed

gives me two values (clearly different) and then says update aborted.

Again, never rooted or anything - so I tried both an SD format and factory reset (same time) then rebooted - again received a 2.2 OTA update notification, tried again, same failure.

I have seen a few other people with this type issue, but re-downloading the update, or doing a factory reset seemed to fix it.... also a lot of those issues were on rooted, or previously rooted phones.

Thanks,

Andrew

Advertisement
  2. tomcrapper

tomcrapper New Member

this same thing happened to me. i tried in the opposite order, but both failed. and now im not even getting notifications for the ota update.

3. Aubiek

I am thinking a trip to VZN is in store... off their support page they say if update fails more than once to call them, maybe they expected some issues like this...
    I'll update on how it goes.

4. Aubiek

Went to see VZN today - they tried again in front of me the OTA, and manual updates, came to the conclusion it wasnt going to work :rolleyes: went out back, reflashed it, and brought it out 15 minutes later with my same droid, running 2.2...

Droid Does.