Froyo Update / Handcent Issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. bforbernard

bforbernard New Member This Topic's Starter

ever since i recieved the OTA update for 2.2 froyo . . my handcent application has been lagging terribly! Right before i would recieve a text my phone would freeze, can't tap on anything . . then the sms pop up would come up and then finally vibrate. am i the only one with this problem? . . this has never happened prior to froyo 2.2

Advertisement
  2. CarbineGuy

CarbineGuy Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Also, when I send a message, it won't show in the convo until it sends, so in other words, I never see that little symbol telling me its in the process of sending. There's a good 4 second delay before I see the sent message.

3. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

Same issue here!

4. CarbineGuy

CarbineGuy Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have the issue where when you are replying to a message, and you're done, you hit the home button, and your entire homescreen has been pushed up by the keyboard, and then slides down?

5. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

I did have the issue....

I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled..

This has corrected 90% of the issues I had when coming from 2.1 to 2.2...

The SMS pop up has always been a issue... slow... laggy.... tough to slide through 3 or 4 pops up, etc...

This to my knowledge has never been addressed.

Lego!

6. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Handcent was locking up my whole phone after going Froyo when I would try to batch delete threads. Un-Installed and re-installed and it fixed all the problems.

7. bforbernard

bforbernard New Member This Topic's Starter

if i uninstall & then reinstall . . do i lose all my chat logs with people? . . i can't really afford to lose that information / pictures.

8. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

I"ve uninstalled and reinstalled and kept all my prior text, contact pictures etc... but I also still kept my problem with deleting threads.... even the smallest threads nearly chokes it.... if I try a bigger one, it simply kills it and I have to reboot the phone to clear things up.

Handcent will then work fine.... but as soon as I attempt to delete a thread again, I locks up again.

9. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommdations what to use instead of Handcent?... Seems they are silent and have major Froyo issues... I"ve never had it behave this way but its usuable now.