• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo update UK DESIRE.

This morning i emailed HTC to ask when i would get the froyo 2.2 os for my desire which is unlocked/unbranded bog standard not rooted bought from CPW, below is the reply i got back from HTC at 10.56am..

Hello Mr.***** We expect to begin rolling out the Android 2.2 update for your HTC Desire very soon. We cannot be more specific yet as exact dates still need to be confirmed. Please keep checking HTC.com for more information. Kind regards, Dave HTC Support.
:(:eek:

The last official announcement was it'll be released in Quarter 3 of this year, thats July 1st - September 30th. Until there is a further official announcement any replies to email, any forum posts, any "news" websites are just the opinion or wording of the individual reputedly quoted.

If you want Froyo now then root your phone and flash it with a Froyo rom, it's easy to do, and everything is reversable so there is literally no risk. I cant think of 1 valid reason not to root to be honest.

If you're happy to wait until September 30th (best to be pessimistic, you won't be disappointment but you sure might be pleasantly surprised) then keep waiting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones