Froyo update... unacceptableSupport

Last Updated:

1. izzyq8

izzyq8 Member This Topic's Starter

Samsung promised us end of September and yet i cant seem to update it yet

The only reason i bought it was having to get the 2.2 update very soon.

Does anyone know of a concrete news update on this matter?

Advertisement
  2. Nithanth

Nithanth Active Member

Apparently, according to the latest news, we will receive the Froyo updates by the end of October of mid November depending on our region.

3. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I have to agree, Samsung making promisses they can't keep again.

I'm using 2.2 (beta) , JPK and it's usable but still needs lag fix and GPS still isnt great.

4. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Well, the froyo beta was pretty complete save for exchange. That's probably what they are trying to fix.

6. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

Im using JM8 + voodoo fix and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna update to froyo if it comes out. The phone is stable and works very fast.. Not having flash is no biggy as it makes the phone slow anyway.. I'll probably wait until froyo has been out for a while and come out with a very stable one.. JM1 is still the official firmware, but JM8 is so much better.. Never understood why they didn't release it officially.

7. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I'm not sure why they never released one of the 2.2 betas officially; they are stable and would have at least shut up the whiners.

OK it doesn

8. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

whats happened to the samsung firmware site? All I am getting is its recently been purchased. Any ideas?

9. Nithanth

Nithanth Active Member

You mean SamFirmware.com? They moved to that domain name quite some time ago due to trademark issues ("samsung" is a registered trademark and Samsung has all rights over any domain name containing that word).

10. izzyq8

11. MadBob

MadBob Active Member

Stop whining like children who cannot wait for Christmas, and accept that it will come when it comes.

Sheesh the "I want it now" generation really pisses me off.

achdee, LateNiteMike and JDuc like this.
  12. izzyq8

@madbob

Its not the fact that i cant wait. i will wait but i hate when im promised a certain date and someone doesn't deliver

justanotherguy likes this.
  13. Jaypeebee

Jaypeebee Active Member

I don't remember Samsung promising anything !!!
    T-Mobile maybe.

14. Nithanth

Nithanth Active Member

Check this out. Not that Samsung has ever kept their word when it comes to software updates, but it's still a sad story for us users :(

Are you serious? You're okay with having an unoptimized Froyo released to us after Gingerbread is out (by the looks of it, this seems possible :D)? Wow! :rolleyes:

15. SaunaNils

SaunaNils New Member

MadBob is right. You should wait instead of complaining. i bet there is a good reason for Froyo not beeing released yet.
    There is nothing worse than a buggy firmware release!!!

16. gllu

gllu Member

A very good reason called "incompetence".

17. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why people act like it's the end of the world. These are phones, these aren't life saving devices. People aren't dying because a software update got pushed back.

It's not like Samsung is the first company to do this anyways. I just came from the HTC Hero, we waited how long just to move from 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 2.1?!

All I hear is a bunch of whiney 'I want it now because I said so' complaints.

Go outside and do something that doesn't involve your phone. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll find it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things...:rolleyes:

18. izzyq8

ok people dont seem to understand the issue here.

I had a motorola milestone before my galaxy s
    I had no problems with it being 2.0 for the longest time then upgrading to 2.1.

I never complained once because i was never promised 2.2 so i did not "whine" at all

after a year i decided to upgrade and naturally wanted the best i could get.
    after research i bought the galaxy s being promised to 2.2 before the end of september. its past september and no update and THATS what pisses me off.
    A corporation that promised one thing and gave me another.

If they had told me that it would never be released then i would not have created this post to complain( or if they promised December)

Hope this clears up why im mad at samsung after all a man is only as good as his word :)

19. Bess833

Bess833 Active Member

Probably lots of women in Samsung then.

On a more serious note, I get where you are coming from, buying a device mostly to get Froyo and not getting it as promised. On the other hand, I guess it's worth the wait if they are gonna fix all the main issues. If not, however.. well that would just suck :)

20. izzyq8

loool

21. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

You would be mad if they hadn't said a word...just like the HTC Hero owners were livid that they were 'left in the dust' so to say and had to wait for months just to get the 1.6 update...

Again, I say...no one has died. It's a phone. If you're this worked up over it, go join a cause that makes a difference in someone's life. If you're that caught up over someone giving their word, get caught up over someone giving their word over something that actually makes a difference in something that really matters.

22. LateNiteMike

LateNiteMike Well-Known Member

I say...Let's wait....give them the time they need to do what needs to be done...and then get an upgrade that does what all of us SGS owners want.

THEN,......if they deliver a piece of crap upgrade.....we can all retaliate by telling all new potential smart phone buyers....to spend their purchasing money on another brand.
    I want it too....but what's more important (to me) is that I want it to be right...when they do release it.
    I love my SGS and I'll stay loyal.....as long as Samsung does right by me. I'll even willingly wait a while longer....if they deliver what this phone needs. If they don't......Bye bye.

23. andy-roid

the update is finished it just needs more testing all we got to do is wait...go out and have fun in the mean time

24. izzyq8

PAAARRRTTAAAAAAAYYY
    WOOT WOOT :p

25. andy-roid

ccrows likes this.