Froyo voice recognition

Last Updated:

1. Frankiedog

Frankiedog Member This Topic's Starter

While I'll admit I have a slow 'southern drawl', I was amazed at the voice to text feature of the Evo when I first got it. I use it for 90% of my texting.

Since the 2.2 update I am having a terrible time getting it to accurately recognize 50% of my speech.

Is anyone else having this problem or did they just remove 'hillbilly' dialect? :D
    BTW I am running the unofficial .3 version.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

no problems here and while i can't claim they have a specific dialect seems like this captured it correctly

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

humm... today I used voice to text for the first time in a while. needed to send a text while driving. had the radio on and the A/C blasting in recirc mode (lots of background noise). I spoke about a 12 word sentence and it picked it up flawlessly. I didnt want to turn off my AC on a hot PHX afternoon. I was impressed. :)

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

i'm testing this using for years voice recognition. ***End voice recognition***

Hey that's not to bad, considering that I said - "I'm posting this using Group's voice recognition."

Edit::: I've typed "I'm posting this using Froyo's voice recognition... I guess the auto edit changed Froyo's to Group's... Oh well, even the keyboard is not perfect. I guess I'll go back to swype... LOL