Froyo weather animationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. 00mcd00

00mcd00 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my OTA this morning and very excited. One thing though, I now have the unlock weather animations and don't really want/need them, does anyone know how to turn them off in froyo? I tried the weather app but couldn't find it there.

Advertisement
  2. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

It's just part of HTC's pretty clock/weather widget.

Two options come to mind.

1) Find and install Fancy Widgets. It's a very close copy of the HTC widget but doesn't have any animation. It's no longer available on the market.... it was a little too much like HTC's. But if you google you should be able to find an .apk around somewhere.

2) Install WidgetLocker. It's a very cool replacement lock-screen that can disable animations. (They're turned on by default, but can be disabled.) It costs $2, but I don't regret for a minute having bought it. And I've only paid for a couple of apps. Also, the dev is super-responsive.

3. 00mcd00

00mcd00 Member This Topic's Starter

Oh duh, I have widgetlocker and I forgot that it had that option in it to disable the animations. Thanks for the reminder, got it turned off.

4. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this thread. I had the same thing too. Loving widgetlocker, though!

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! THAT is why my animations disappeared!!! :eek:

I can't believe I never put that together. About 2 days after getting 2.2 I received the .apk for Fancy Widget and put it on my phone. Not long after I realized that I haven't been getting the animations! I never put two and two together and just thought that 2.2 broke them somehow. I messed around with settings in the Dinc, in Launcher Pro and in Widget Locker for hours trying to get them back and never figured it out.

I can't believe it was Fancy Widget the whole damn time. Total suck :( I really like the app, but I also loved those animations. No I have to choose :(

6. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Is fancy widgets better than beautiful widgets?