• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo within the next 6 months

Yea I posted in one the iPhone 4 vs. EVO threads...think the one about the Engadget poll.

I want to see a Poll of EVO + Froyo against iPhone 4...now that is a real battle in which is the better phone.

Come on HTC, dont hold this up...its not all Sprint, because I remember WebOs updates were not being held up too long.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can see you are new here by your join date. Just a heads up, those articles are false 99.9% of the time. These gadget sites usually have no clue, but thanks.

I'm here to learn and have to start somewhere. :D

PS - I wasn't the only one taken in...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685547

But it seems everyone is simply taking "2nd half of 2010" very aggressively.

I'm watching the keynotes on youtube for myself.

Upvote 0
I hope Froyo is out by the end of the summer. If they're planning a Q4 release then they might as well as release Gingerbread instead.

What? Sprint skip a major Android OS upgrade? Thats NEVER happened! My Hero has every major...oh wait :p

I really cant see this happening since the N1 doesnt even have it yet and its already mid June.

Upvote 0
Has sprint themselfs made any statement on it? I wouldn't take any date with a gain of salt, unless it came right from sprint or MAYBE HTC, although I don't think it's up to HTC to determine when Froyo comes out for the Evo.

LOL trust me, I had a Hero as well and know the non-routine. Sprint will and won't make statements about when the update will arrive. "We will release the update during the second half of the last quarter sometime after today." HTC will and won't say they are at fault. Hopefully I'm wrong this time and they won't let the EVO fall into the sinking flagship territory the Hero ended up in. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones