Froyo: Would "Update All" possibly imply "Install All" as well?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems to be fairly safe to say that froyo will have an 'update all' ability. I doubt I will use that much because I like to read comments on updates before I install it (like when developers suck at PR and spring a neutered version with nagware instead of giving a warning...im talking to you, gtasks and mixzing)

Anyways, what I think will be very useful is an 'install all' function. Anyone whose had to do a factory reset knows the pain of individually installing every app back in. I have my apps saved to my sd card and am personally dreading popping it into my EVO and installing 90 apps one by one. I can see how this might be tenuous since the apps would be on my SD card and thus not from the market...but the market WILL display my purchased apps once I set up my gmail login (as far as I see) so hopefully I can do a mass install of at least those. Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

dunno, but since the evo wont be coming w/ froyo it wont be much help right when you get your phone (hough it is rumored to be coming soon after the phone is released) but then again, they could surprise us and ship it w/ it, we will just have to wait and see. plus no one knows for sure exactly all that froyo will offer in its final version (except those few lucky people w/ access to that info but are not allowed to tell anyone)

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

good point. id give it 90% odds it'll come with eclair instead of froyo but its possible. Regardless, I'm cursed with myopic laziness, I'd rather spend 5 hours trying to figure my way out of doing a half hour chore ;)

4. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

That's not as crazy as it sounds...

If you spend 5 hours trying to eliminate a 1/2 hour chore you do daily or every other day how much time will you save over the course of 6 months or a year. ;)