Froyo

1. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

Take it for what it's worth, I was just at the Verizon store buying some accessories for my X and the rep there who I always talk to told me the OTA for Froyo on Droid is scheduled to start at midnight tonight.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

if the rumor is true about it being tomorrow, he is right. 11:59pm 10k updates go out, then they skip a day then 200k go out each day after that.
  3. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

I'm hoping to be able to snatch the update.zip quickly rather than wait an eternity to get the ota.
  4. Kp1387

Kp1387 Active Member

Let's just keep our fingers crossed....
  5. dnoonan

dnoonan Active Member

Pardon the late entry from the dumb ass question department, but is it "Froy-o" or "Fro-yo"? Curious minds want to know.
  6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Frozen Yogurt

Kratos
  7. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member

Sweet, But is there any priority to who will get the first 10k?
  8. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if you are or not lol. I guarantee you that the update.zip file will be here RIGHT when it gets out to those 10k users....granted just ONE of the 10k goes HERE lol. Don't worry...if the rumor is true about tomorrow, you'll get it tomorrow.
  9. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

I'm 1st priority...
  10. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

11. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

im pulling an all nighter so im going to be prowling here, droid life, and the other various places it could be. also im gonna check for a system update and reboot the phone once an hour.
  12. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

I guess I'll just play the waiting game until I can update to 2.2. I'm not excited for 2.2 as much as you people are. Lol.
  13. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Instead of rebooting, you could just enter *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (*#*#2432546#*#*) on your touch dial pad. It does a complete system refresh/check in.
    snapcase likes this.
  14. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

I've been checking periodically all day on my droid... but I'm not going to stay up for a rumor. If it is coming out tonight, it will be a pleasant surprise in the morning.
  15. Ddifulio31

Ddifulio31 Active Member

The only thing that makes me nervous is, I came from the eris forum. And evryone was so excited for eclair but when it came out it was pretty sweet. But rhen all the issues came out. It seems that eclair seemed to come out pretty well for the droid. But it still makes me nervous. I think the eris tainted me.
  16. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

17. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Fingers crossed
  18. jonathansullivan

jonathansullivan Well-Known Member

Would it be correct to say, we are waiting for midnight - the rumored release of the first wave of updates. (10k, right?) Hoping one of the 10k provide the update.zip file, which we can force a manual update, right?

Am I missing anything here?
  19. Trident

You got it! I have a very detailed guide pre-written on how to force it. All I need is an update.zip file and I'll make it live to everyone.

In case any of you are one of the lucky 10K, please follow these steps to help the rest of us out. ;)
  20. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Is this midnight eastern or midnight staggerred for each time zone?
  21. Trident

SpraynardKrueger likes this.
  22. Bunie

Bunie Member

So it's midnight for the Droid? is midnight confirmed, or a guess? can i see a link on an Official site? Yes ive seen the 2.2 images on the Droid support page, but i hardly think this is a sign of an impending update. you guys have my hopes up, but from what ive seen, the update could come ANY time this month, or possibly even next month. please inform me if im missing anything? (i dont beleive information that i cant see for myself.) thx guys. <3
  23. Trident

Well..
    [via Droid Life]
  24. Bunie

Bunie Member

but to be honest, this looks fake. Who is this announcement for? the employee's? if it was for the public, it wouldnt need to be leaked. the developers know the "features" of 2.2, and dont need it Advertised to them lol. So this is not really proof. the word of some stranger. the 2.2 images could just be an update for the images, verizon doesnt want their support stuff to be outdated, im sure. 2.2 will come, but i see no proof that its comming this week, expecialy tomorrow. send me an actual verizon/motorola link besides the droid help page, please. <3 sorry if i seem needy, its just that froyo was "supposed" to be released mid july, accounting to a "trusted source", so...
  25. Trident

How about this? :)