Froyo

Last Updated: 2010-08-23 00:37:50
  1. technologeek

technologeek New Member

What a genius way to build up the forum...I'm calling BS.

Advertisement
  2. Droidfan17

Droidfan17 New Member

Good luck! quick question though. isnt that a little dangerous and possibly illegal?
  3. charugan

charugan Member

Just watch... Verizon is screwing with us and has renamed the update file so we can't find it.
  4. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

5. xCirca

xCirca Well-Known Member

There is a subway 3 minutes down the road and my nephew just got a job there and has been beggining me to go get a sub... I am currently starved.... who wants to bet that if I go get a sub I come back, it's been posted and the server has crashed?
  6. SamHill

SamHill New Member

go to lunch and lets find out
  7. black743

black743 Active Member

Why would Verizon/Google even care if some folks got the file and installed it? If anything, its less strain on their servers....someone gets the file and hosts it on their own page. I don't understand this whole "giving it to a handful of people per day" bit.
  8. JasonU

JasonU Member

I've lurked here off & on, and I'll admit, I registered because of this thread. Thought I'd finally post. Love my Droid, but I have a Dx waiting to be activated. Hoping to upgrade the D1 to 2.2 before I pass it to my wife (weaning her off WinMo to Android goodness).

That, and I'd like a preview of 2.2 before it's released for the Dx. ;)
  9. Server overload in 3...2...1
  10. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member

How do i save the froyo file from my phone??????
  11. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

guys Trident and I are doing everything we can to get this file. Multiple users have gotten the update and have tried to help us and its not working as it normally would. If you get the update please pm me or trident before you even touch anything and hopefully we can get this to the rest of the community
    Nors likes this.
  12. jdb80

jdb80 Member

Nobody ever pays me in Froyo...
    [​IMG]
    guitarshredder and tCub like this.
  13. xCirca

xCirca Well-Known Member

*shakes fist* I hope that if the server crashes someone was genious enough to put in a .gif of Peter in his LoTR costume saying 'YOU SHALL NOT PASS' over and over again.
    SteroidalFish2 likes this.
  14. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member

Yes, everyone please take a break and stop posting for a little while, if the boards go down no one will be getting the file.
  15. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

[Fixed image..]
    drbugsmn, kratos, pmonk and 1 other person like this.
  16. SparkyXI

SparkyXI Member

If you got the update and have NOT installed it, DO NOT INSTALL IT. Wait for instructions from one of us.
  17. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

18. Potty Time

Potty Time Member

So who else called in to work today? Heck, I might even call in tomorrow too!!! Froyo comes first, as the saying goes.
  19. Shachren

Shachren Well-Known Member

milellie111, PM Trident and OMJ if you've received the update.
  20. Dejuanxg™

Dejuanxg™ New Member

try making hidden folders visable.
  21. rooftopsuicideclub

rooftopsuicideclub New Member

oh, boy. bets on the amount of FAIL once this gets out and people realize they've never done the 'update.zip' dance before?

or if y'all is edumacated, my apologies.
  22. Bunie

Bunie Member

You sir, are Root.
  23. ttsupra95

ttsupra95 New Member

I dont even own a Droid have a Droid X and can't wait for the update. My cousin has a Droid.

reminds me of qoute from Goldmember. I'm from Holland, isnt that weird?
  24. guz_1115

guz_1115 Member

I am actually considering the same thing!! lol