Last Updated:

1. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I got a quick question .. How are we gonna be able to get adobe flash? You can't find it on the market with any of the leaked versions of froyo.. I know someone is gonna pop up a download link or tell me to search for it, but on the PDF released by Verizon it says that this release of Froyo has adobe flash included. Is it gonna be baked into it, or will adobe unlock it for us? NOTE I already have beta 3, but I'm thinking of those who don't root or frequent android forums..

2. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

From what I've heard, it will be baked in. This is coming from a Verizon insider of mine.

I've also heard that this final build will have the proper device keys to unlock it in the market. We shall see...

Either way, we'll have it right after release.
    RazorBeast and G.Armour like this.
  3. Bunie

Bunie Member

get flash from,

also, i still see nothing "official", no links to motorla forum, or verizon itself. i will stay hopefull, but im not very trusting of all this info.. thx anyway. <3
  4. G.Armour

Ha ha ha! Told you someone would send a link to it! Let's see you download flash from there with any of the leaked froyo releases. :rolleyes:

Hey Trident, if I'm rooted and running the latest leak of Froyo, if I were chosen at midnight, would I get the update? Or would I need to be on stock 2.1?
    Trident likes this.
  5. Trident

twospirits included a link to where he got that quote from. Matt, the manager on the Motorola Support forums, originally made that post. Here's the link to his post once again.
  6. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola

To help you with the mandatory system update for your DROID by Motorola, this page contains the following information:
    Reserving Power for System Update
    System Update Instructions
    System Update while You Are Roaming
    Reserving Power for System Update
    The "Install now" and "Restart & install" options will not be available if your device does not have enough power availability. The system update requires 40% or more power availability if not connected to an external power source and 20% power availability if connected to a power source.

Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola
  7. ihaveadroid

ihaveadroid Well-Known Member

for the last update did we get lucky with one of the first 10,000 uploading the file?
  8. G.Armour

Nothing for me... Anyone else? I want to hear good news.
  9. mobile1

mobile1 Well-Known Member

You know the guy from this forum who gets it fell asleep waiting about 20 minutes ago. :p
  10. jonathansullivan

jonathansullivan Well-Known Member

Standing by to enter *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (*#*#2432546#*#*) on my touch dial pad.
  11. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Does the phone download the file prior to the notification? Therefore I should watch for my data arrows to go for awhile lol. Or does it after it notifies you?
  12. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I'm excited, and I'm rooted and don't plan on installing. OS release days are always exciting for me. From the first "I got the update" to "Liar, you did not. Post a picture now...I don't care if you don't have a camera. Borrow one" to "Did you install it" to "Uh, yeah I did" to "Your a JERK...Why didn't you grab it for the community" and so on. It's a fun process :D ...
  13. ihaveadroid

i think its too good to be true...its a shame tooo
  14. potatolover1102

It's 12:01 eastern lol
  15. Trident

No dice.. maybe they're running late.
  16. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

damn it, i saved fireworks for nothing.........
  17. Trident

It's only going out to 10K tonight.. let's hope that at least one of the many Android community members is lucky enough to be one of the select few.
  18. potatolover1102

Or not doing it at midnight :(
  19. B_Cersche

B_Cersche Member

i was able to download adobe flash 10.1 beta from the market last night using cyanogen's rom. i was pleasantly surprised :p
  20. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Check out this page from motorola and tell me that froyo won't come out this week.

Remember this timeline comes straight from motorola. How much more official do you need an announcement to be?

SpraynardKrueger and Trident like this.
  21. Trident

Nice! :)

They're getting ready for us..
  22. G.Armour

If it did drop to 10k, we will have it by tomorrow, there is no doubt in my mind about that.. Remember last time? We had it that first day.
  23. ihaveadroid

so verizon really got beat out by sprint...
  24. Trident

I do, I do. We should have it by morning unless something went wrong..
  25. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Wow! Flash back to the 2.1 update. Can't get more realistic or accurate than what you just said.:D