• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I got a quick question .. How are we gonna be able to get adobe flash? You can't find it on the market with any of the leaked versions of froyo.. I know someone is gonna pop up a download link or tell me to search for it, but on the PDF released by Verizon it says that this release of Froyo has adobe flash included. Is it gonna be baked into it, or will adobe unlock it for us? NOTE I already have beta 3, but I'm thinking of those who don't root or frequent android forums..

Upvote 0
I got a quick question .. How are we gonna be able to get adobe flash? You can't find it on the market with any of the leaked versions of froyo.. I know someone is gonna pop up a download link or tell me to search for it, but on the PDF released by Verizon it says that this release of Froyo has adobe flash included. Is it gonna be baked into it, or will adobe unlock it for us? NOTE I already have beta 3, but I'm thinking of those who don't root or frequent android forums..
From what I've heard, it will be baked in. This is coming from a Verizon insider of mine.

I've also heard that this final build will have the proper device keys to unlock it in the market. We shall see...

Either way, we'll have it right after release.

Upvote 0
get flash from adobe.com,

also, i still see nothing "official", no links to motorla forum, or verizon itself. i will stay hopefull, but im not very trusting of all this info.. thx anyway. <3

Ha ha ha! Told you someone would send a link to it! Let's see you download flash from there with any of the leaked froyo releases. :rolleyes:

Hey Trident, if I'm rooted and running the latest leak of Froyo, if I were chosen at midnight, would I get the update? Or would I need to be on stock 2.1?

Reactions: Trident
Upvote 0
get flash from adobe.com,

also, i still see nothing "official", no links to motorla forum, or verizon itself. i will stay hopefull, but im not very trusting of all this info.. thx anyway. <3

twospirits included a link to where he got that quote from. Matt, the manager on the Motorola Support forums, originally made that post. Here's the link to his post once again.

Upvote 0
Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola

To help you with the mandatory system update for your DROID by Motorola, this page contains the following information:
Reserving Power for System Update
System Update Instructions
System Update while You Are Roaming
Reserving Power for System Update
The "Install now" and "Restart & install" options will not be available if your device does not have enough power availability. The system update requires 40% or more power availability if not connected to an external power source and 20% power availability if connected to a power source.

Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola

Upvote 0
I'm excited, and I'm rooted and don't plan on installing. OS release days are always exciting for me. From the first "I got the update" to "Liar, you did not. Post a picture now...I don't care if you don't have a camera. Borrow one" to "Did you install it" to "Uh, yeah I did" to "Your a JERK...Why didn't you grab it for the community" and so on. It's a fun process :D ...

Upvote 0
From what I've heard, it will be baked in. This is coming from a Verizon insider of mine.

I've also heard that this final build will have the proper device keys to unlock it in the market. We shall see...

Either way, we'll have it right after release.

i was able to download adobe flash 10.1 beta from the market last night using cyanogen's rom. i was pleasantly surprised :p

Upvote 0
So it's midnight for the Droid? is midnight confirmed, or a guess? can i see a link on an Official site? Yes ive seen the 2.2 images on the Droid support page, but i hardly think this is a sign of an impending update. you guys have my hopes up, but from what ive seen, the update could come ANY time this month, or possibly even next month. please inform me if im missing anything? (i dont beleive information that i cant see for myself.) thx guys. <3

Check out this page from motorola and tell me that froyo won't come out this week.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Remember this timeline comes straight from motorola. How much more official do you need an announcement to be?

Kratos

Upvote 0
I'm excited, and I'm rooted and don't plan on installing. OS release days are always exciting for me. From the first "I got the update" to "Liar, you did not. Post a picture now...I don't care if you don't have a camera. Borrow one" to "Did you install it" to "Uh, yeah I did" to "Your a JERK...Why didn't you grab it for the community" and so on. It's a fun process :D ...

Wow! Flash back to the 2.1 update. Can't get more realistic or accurate than what you just said.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones