Froyo

Last Updated:

1. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

The EVO is a few months old.. the Droid is turning a year old soon. That's pretty damn good for a somewhat old device, IMO.

Advertisement
    G.Armour likes this.
  2. jonathansullivan

jonathansullivan Well-Known Member

Only thing to add...is "PROOF OR BAN!"
  3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

4. Bunie

Bunie Member

THANK YOU KRATOS! This is what i wanted to see. i have faith in the community again, no more sitting in the corner, with my droid across the room, afraid to check my notification bar. sorry for posting so much, i'm a bit EXCITED! i've not been so excited about an OS before. i've never seen 2.2 in person. i hope its everything it's cracked up to be. i know not to expect much, "Yay, i have froyo...now what >.>" lol. Any word on Hulu support? i heard hulu doesnt like devices that arent PC's.

PS: i love you guys.
  5. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Froyo is a much bigger update than Eclair was. But I'm all about speed and Froyo definitely increases that, so perhaps that is why I consider a "bigger" update...

**EDIT** Not bad Bunie...4 posts and 3 thank yous...Good ratio! ;)
  6. Delirious17

Delirious17 Member

Where is it!! I need my fast flashy snacks now!!
  7. Trident

So.. while we're waiting.. I thought I'd ask if you all were able to access Droid-Life. I'm interest to see where the URL redirects you..
  8. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

if i get it during the night or if i come across the update.zip on droid life or something ill post it in a fresh topic so you can merge it to your sticky
  9. Trident

Just PM me. That way it'll email me and I can upload it to my to my FTPs ASAP.

Never mind.. a few minutes ago, whenever I tried to access Droid-Life.com, it would redirect me to this Verizon support site.

Weird..
  10. Bunie

Bunie Member

droid-life is showing an easy root app? that roots your phone at the click of a button? seems to only work for Droid and claims to work for Droid X? lots of complaint comments. someone check it out, let us know if its okay to enter the...

DANGER ZONEEEEEEE
  11. SSinisterSS

alright

worked for me, wierd.

i wonder if they go by 11:59pm eastern or pacific.
  12. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

take a look at a couple threads down.
  13. RavenTai

RavenTai Active Member

Its 00:30, can I assume that if "checkin" every 5 min has not yet brought me fro-yo then it is not going to happen for me tonight?
  14. IxI Dan IxI

maybe its pacific time? lol
  15. Thrux

Thrux New Member

I am a patient noob awaiting the update while at work.
  16. ihaveadroid

ihaveadroid Well-Known Member

thats 36 more times to check until then haha
  17. IxI Dan IxI

Well........ how does Verizon go about who to give the 10,000 users?

Does it go by date of activation?

Is it random?
  18. ihaveadroid

ihaveadroid Well-Known Member

i wonder if it gets pushed to a rooted phone and it reject the update if that count towards one of the 10,000
  19. IxI Dan IxI

No... i guess they are reminded every 30 mins, until they install.
  20. Delirious17

Delirious17 Member

Aaaaaaah the wait is killing me
  21. Bunie

Bunie Member

i suppose this update isnt comming tonight, eh? Get some sleep everyone. even though its official, there was no official word on it being TONIGHT! the closest thing to that was some motorola guy's GUESS, he doesnt exactly know what verizon is doing. all we know for certain is that it will be this week. so take a deep breath, relax, and go to bed. we dont know if the numbers are 10k, or if its going to just be uploaded to the server and wait for droids to request it. all we do know for certain is that it is now 1AM, and not a single post on any site about someone getting it. expecialy no post with proof. the Droidx recieved an update not too long ago (no clue what it did..kindle?) everyone got it at the same time (or, when the phone did a request). i dont think the updates are "pushed" to you, but your phone does a version check. I don't know much, but i do know that if you sleep, your more likely to have froyo in the morning, than sitting up all night. I'm off to bed. i will try to get plenty of sleep for the rest of you. Goodnight, fellow nut-jobs. <3
  22. SSinisterSS

itll be funny if verizon and motorola are watching us going wtf they still have 24 hours
  23. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

I would laugh...not really but I would!
  24. OutlawFirebird

OutlawFirebird Well-Known Member

well wile were all waiting for the update, I would like to ask , how many of you are going to get the droid 2?

I am
  25. SSinisterSS

im going with the samsung epic droid 2 has no front camera and i need it for skype/aim video conference so