• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i'm Really New to this Os and Am Curious.
I Keep hearing how this update is for the 1st Droid W/ ver.2.1 update1,
Well what i wonder is, Is it only for the Droid or any of the Andoid phones
with the Same 2.1 w/update1. i have the droid 1 that i bought in Dec 09 but currently use the Droid X i bought a cple weeks ago.
I just wonder if FroYo will be offered to all the phones or is it Strictly for the 1st Droids?

Anyone got any ideas?

irishe;)

This update is for the D1 only. The Droid X will get Froyo but it will be later (like a month so I have heard). This will work for the D1 you got in Dec.:)

Reactions: irishe
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
After already having installed stock FRG01B, I tried installing the FRG22 from MDW using the stock recovery screen, and I get the E:Signature verification failed error. I've tried this with both the deodexed and non-deodexed versions and gotten the same error.
Any thoughts on how to proceed?

MAJOR EDIT:
Purchased the Easy Root program off of the market, ran it, and it worked like a charm! Superuser access granted! I applied the FRG22 update (after everything got backed up) using ROM Manager, and things seem to be working just fine. :)

Upvote 0
After already having installed stock FRG01B, I tried installing the FRG22 from MDW using the stock recovery screen, and I get the E:Signature verification failed error. I've tried this with both the deodexed and non-deodexed versions and gotten the same error.
Any thoughts on how to proceed?

wait for the official one from verizon / moto

Upvote 0
So, Just curious. How bad would it be to copy the files from frg22 directly to my droid's internal storage? Linda manager allows you to access your system files. there are only 3 files in frg22 as opposed to several in frg10b.

After discovering that, I decided to combine the install files and repackage the zip. There is a system folder, a recovery folder, and a new boot.img (frg10b calls it bp.img), so most of the files were left intact. I got the same "Signature verification error" that I've been getting for the past 2 days with frg22. I'm not sure it wont work though. I'm assuming it wont let me reapply an update I already installed.

Would anyone with 2.1 still installed be willing to gin eau pig? lol I would if I could. Please reply to this. I know I'm not the only crazy person here. Someone else must have had the same idea. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones