Froyo?!?Support

Last Updated:

1. joepud

joepud Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if this is going to be available on Magics any time soon?

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

yes. probably.

3. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

4. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

not slightly buggy if it isn't usable as a daily driver. If you have a spare to play with then it is fine. For now the 2.1 is really good. 2.2 will no doubt be even better before long.

5. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

2.1 can be ported into magic?

6. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

2.1 works fine on the Magic, you just need to root your phone and apply a 2.1 based custom ROM like cyanogen 5

7. CooL_SpoT

CooL_SpoT Well-Known Member

Cyanogen 5.0.7 is a working, stable Android 2.1 ROM. It's been my daily driver for the past few weeks (well, it and a couple of the test versions). I highly recommend it if you're looking for a 2.1 ROM.

There are also Smoki, CapySlide, and SuperD 2.1 ROMs, (and likely a few others I'm forgetting) but I have no experience with them at all.

Check out www.xda-developers.com to find just about anything you could want for a ROM. They'll be in the "myTouch 3G, Magic Android Development" forum.

8. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Installed Froyo on an HTC Magic last night. Some trial and error involved, but I am amazed at how fast it runs. Every now and then there is a little lag, but nothing that the user of a Magic wouldn't already be used to. I've yet to run into any FC, but then again, I haven't really hit it that hard (still running off WiFi since it's for someone else and I need their SIM to real-world test).

Just follow the directions on the Cyanogen Wiki, don't improvise, and be patient.