Froyo'd with 2.3.13 and now I'm stuck on Motorola Logo. Help!

Last Updated:

1. MaNPHiBiaN

MaNPHiBiaN Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I'm a total newb and now I feel like complete imbecile. I rooted my X so I could take screenshots. I saw all the hoopla over the new froyo release, and figured I'd try it. Well, now I'm bricked or stuck in endless boot, whichever, and can't get past the Motorola Logo. What can I do? I plug my phone into my pc and it doesnt even recognize it. I keep seeing people telling others to flash the .sbf, but I don't even know what that means. LOL. Help Please... :confused:

Advertisement
  2. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

3. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Well-Known Member

Yup, gotta sbf. I did this same thing about a week ago. Of course I did it at 12:00 right before I went to sleep so I was dreaming that I bricked my phone. Had to do the sbf the next morning.

4. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member

rootzwiki.com and download 'The Bomb' - also you may want to check out youtube for a step by step guide.

5. MaNPHiBiaN

Thanks guys. I googled from 10pm to 6am and finally figured it out.

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Did you figure out why it went into the bootloop in the first place?

Did you try going from 2.1 directly to the new 2.3.13 leak? Because that's a big no-no, you have to use the first 2.2 leak to load the new kernel first before you can load any of the 2.2 "ROMs"

7. MaNPHiBiaN

That was my mistake. I tried going from stock 2.1 to the newest leak. I rooted with universal androot, installed the bootstrap and went to work... Stupid.

Anyway, after all of this I installed 2.2 from ROM manager and it worked fine. Then I decided I wanted to try FLYX, and manged to get stuck on the Motorola Logo again. So I did a hard reset, wiped data, and somehow... after about 3 battery pulls... I was running FLYX. Weird.

So, I decided I'd rather run the regular 2.2 from ROM Manager and when I tried to flash to it (Guess What)... endless M logo again. And I had to flash .sbf again.

I'm so frustrated with all of this. Now I'm unrooted running 2.1 stock but my phone keeps giving me a notification that my "motoblur-something.or.other" cant log-in. And the password is incorrect.

I dunno.

8. steve500

steve500 Well-Known Member

I'm also running Fly X on 2.2 leak and its PERFECT other than ... it only boots 1/3 of every boot up. Hangs at the moto logo... try again,... try again, and boots up.