froze...restarted...4G was not available...exchange the phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was sending a text using the shapewriter keyboard and was trying to put it to landscape mode when it wouldn't react...i was trying to press back and the phone wouldn't respond and then all of a sudden it just restarted on me...on top of that once the phone restarted I was trying to turn on 4G but I couldn't even get the option to be available...it looked as though it was blacked out while I had no problem turning on everything else...here is a screenshot...

[​IMG]

I had to restart the phone in order for 4G to become available again...since then shapewriter has constantly "force close" on me...I don't know if that is the issue since I just installed it today

Should I take the phone back because it just randomly restarted on me and the 4G wouldn't work? Anyone else have this happen to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take the phone back because you installed an app that started crashing the android software. Apps can do that. Uninstall shapewriter and re-install it if you really want it. I don't think it's the phones fault, I think it's the apps fault.

I had to reboot once because the phone wouldn't connect to my WiFi router for some reason. No big deal. Computers are weird like that.

3. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes i understand that but what it has nothing to do with the app and it was just a coincidence? I just want to make sure I dont habe some kind of bugged out phone. I did emove the app so i ill just have to wait and see if anything happens again. Actually right now the stock keyboard is running slow and its trying to catxh up as I'm typing this out.

4. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I second that.

5. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Its just once freeze up. If i took a phone back anytime i had a freeze up on my phone i would have returned my phones over 100 times.

I think you just need to realize that phones are like little computers. They all freeze up from time to time. The phone rebooting is not abnormal regardless what type of smartphone it is. My iphone, pre, hero, touchpro all would do this once in a while.

Now if you uninstalled the programs and it hangs and reboots several times a day then take it back. But once is nothing to worry about.

6. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

So do you take back a windows computer every time you get the blue screen of death??

This is a computer. Applications will crash it ocasdionaly. Does it too much, get better applications.