Froze then wiped :'(Support

Last Updated:

1. s70oda

s70oda New Member This Topic's Starter

Unbelievable - the messaging process froze when I tried to read a text using Social Hub. A force close didn't seem to make any difference ... clicked back to the home screen, powered off, waited a minute and restarted.

Everything started up fine. Went back to Social Hub only to find that ALL my text threads are gone.
    E-mails are fine, but all my texts are gone.

I know there is no way to undelete text messages, but technically I didn't delete them. They must be stored somewhere. Is they anyway to retrieve them or has the system "deleted" them?

Only had the phone just over a month *sobs* - I got rid of my iPhone (which successfully kept every message ever despite several crashes) !!

Advertisement
  2. saj_2001ind

saj_2001ind Well-Known Member

r u able to see ur messages using messaging app ? also try installing chomp sms or Handcent SMS app and see if they are showing your messages

this is kinda wierd though..

3. s70oda

s70oda New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread ... in fact to be honest, I'd forgotten about it and written it off as a "one off" event !!

That was until this morning.
    Woke up bright and early, noticed a new e-mail notification, went to Social Hub and the phone froze again. After about a minute, the phone realised something had gone wrong, and displayed the "force close" dialog, which I did.
    Tried again, still froze. Another "force close" and a reboot of the phone, and yes you guessed it, all my text messages are gone yet again.

Next time it all freezes like this, I'm going straight to the shop I bought it from to complain about it.

Maybe this will stop in 2.2 (when officially released) ??

saj - what do chomp sms or handcent sms do ?? Are they just another SMS client viewer ??