frozen and now wont work?Support

1. Emttaff

Emttaff New Member

Hey guys and gals.

This morning my phone was working perfectly fine. (has frozen a few times lately)

Went to do something on my phone realized it was turned off, went to turn it on and nothing.

Tried repeatedly and still nothing, have taken battery out etc and the sim + memory card.

Placed on charge although had pretty much full charge, and the orange light came on as usual, still phone did not turn on, took the phone off charge and the light stayed on until i took the battery out yet again. Did this a few times but the orange light then was flashing on and off, even when the charger was unplugged. Have tried to reset the phone but nothing.

Any help will be huge

Thanks
    EM

Advertisement
    :
  2. BrutalUK

BrutalUK Well-Known Member

I red about a problem like that on a Desire and it means either the battery is at fault or the motherboard has died. Firstly leave the battery out for say 30 mins, then try turning on. If that doesn't work is there any chance you could try another battery? It would rule out a duff one before moving further on. But tbh I've never heard of it on a DHD but anything can happen i guess.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

If what Brutal has suggested doesn't solve the problem, then it is probably hardware related... you'd need to return it under warranty!
  4. ral

ral Well-Known Member

No personal experience in this regard. But from reading others with similar issues (flashing orange lights), it appears to be a dying battery or a broken battery terminal.

Doubt it is the motherboard. From experience with PC's when the MB is dead you don't get warning lights and the like.